Sign in to follow this  
Knackeringham

Vintage Cyma

Knackeringham

My Dad handed this down to me. Not sure of its year..1950's? Maybe someone can tell me.

It was originally a white dial but I had it changed to black as it had some water damage. The watchmaker changed the hands and the crown without asking me but I wasn't into watches then and didn't care too much but now I'm pissed that he did it. Solid gold case. Anyone got anymore interesting info on this?

greg_r

Pics?

FWIW Cyma are an old established Swiss manufacturer (just not very well known these days): http://www.cyma.ch/

Knackeringham
My Dad handed this down to me. Not sure of its year..1950's? Maybe someone can tell me.

It was originally a white dial but I had it changed to black as it had some water damage. The watchmaker changed the hands and the crown without asking me but I wasn't into watches then and didn't care too much but now I'm pissed that he did it. Solid gold case. Anyone got anymore interesting info on this?

e5edate4.jpgdu5a4u6u.jpg

Sorry Greg. Pressed the button too quickly. Here they are.

greg_r

Okay, I've seen one of these before, but don't know much about them. Cyma Navy Star Deluxe. I suspect you're spot on about the date. The hands look right for the model, but the crown looks a tad undersized unless my memory is playing tricks. They were expensive in their day (up in the Rolex sort of league) but can be had relatively inexpensively nowadays - Offshore or Col may have a better idea of value than I do as I'm strictly an amateur on vintage watches :)

Knackeringham

From memory I thought the original crown was a lot smaller. It may have been worn down by use as Dad used to where it everyday. I've seen original steel versions go for around $50 in the flea markets here. It's amazing the price difference now between the vintage Cyma and Rolex in today's market. As you said they were similar prices new but you would pay thousands more nowadays for the Rolex. Thanks for your input.

aussie-rabbit

I have a Cyma NavyStar in stainless, it has gold markers and hands on an off whiteish face. Still winds and keeps time although I have left it unwound considering it's age.