Sign in to follow this  
watchgeek1

16610 Sub (aftermarket) insert comparison project

watchgeek1

Here's a noob putting something back into the community (or at least I hope you guys think so!) I've had reps in the past before, but only learned about RWG a couple of months ago.

I've currently got an order in for a TC sub, which doesn't come with an insert. I've been looking around for detailed comparisons of aftermarket inserts, i.e. something like

http://www.vintageho...-bezel-inserts/

but I've not seen one around. So this morning, primarily to fulfill my own curiosity, I've put orders in for the following aftermarket inserts:

Clark

Alpha watch

Otto Frei

Before anyone asks, no I don't have a gen insert and I also appreciate that the comparison is a pretty lacking without one. So I'm looking on TRF but thus far I've not seen one that I'm prepared to pull the trigger on (asking prices for sealed ones seem to have jumped large amounts in the last few months). I will keep looking, or if anyone can help out for the comparison, then please drop me a message (I'm in NS, Canada).

I'll do a direct visual comparison with some macro shots (pearls especially, but fonts too) as well as making precise measurements with a micrometer. I'm not sure whether I'll get around to comparing how easy they are to fit though.

I'm also prepared to buy one more aftermarket bezel if anyone has suggestions for another good one to include. I didn't bother with ewatchparts (reputation) and watchstyler (shipping outrageous).

Anyway, I'll post the comparison once all the inserts have arrived (I guess 2-3 weeks), and I hope the shipping gods are merciful.

Cheers!

watchgeek1

LightGeek

Nice job! Looking forward to it.