Sign in to follow this  
Starling

Rolex Daytona

Starling

I live and work in the Philippines. There is a mall here that specializes in replica watches. The low end watches ( they call them class A ) goes for about $60 and the highest end watches "Swiss Movement ETA" watches go for about $400 - $500. It comes with the box and fake rolex serial card. When my friends come for a visit, I take this mall and they have made quite of few purchases and seem very happy.

My question - I am seriously contemplating buy a genuine Rolex Daytona from the Rolex store. I've looked at the new ones and you cannot see the rolex crown ( right above the number 6 ) embedded into the glass with the naked eye. Only with a magnifiying glass, you will be able to see it. If I can find a good replica, I would most likely buy a few watches but even looking through all of the "reputable sites" on the RWG list, I am able to see the rolex crown in the glass. Can someone help me with this? If I am going to pay $300 for a replica, I would like it to at least look the the real thing.

I have befrineded one of the Filipno watch dealers and I got him to admit that he buys all of his watches from Guangzhou, China in a place called "watch market"....perhaps another thread for a different day.

jeffw69

ummmm, NO.

Steve227

What u talking about Willis?

You see them in glass in the Philippines or on our TDs? Show us some pics or am siding with my mate Jeff!

ad6904

There are a few of the newer super rep rolexes that have proper laser etched crowns. But are you saying that the only reason you don't want to buy a rep is because you can see the crown@6? And for that reason you're going to fork out 10-15x the money on a gen??!!??!