Sign in to follow this  
ggcarr

Rolex Deep Sea

ggcarr

Hi,

I've been looking through the recommended dealers and came across this watch.

http://www.houseofsouvenirs.com/rolex/sead...erswiss_008.htm

Could i ask peoples opinions on this watch as i am very interested in buying it. Does anyone own one of these and if so, is the watch i have listed from the link a good buy?

Sorry to sound thick but still new to this and need a lot of reassurance. Would i be correct in assuming that this watch is at the high end quality as far as reps go.

Thanks for your help.

Graham

Edited by ggcarr

Member X

Hello!

There have been a number of versions of the DSSD - we were on v5 and I understand that the Ultimate is now available, so you need to know what to look for!

I haven't got much idea on them, I'm afraid, but a rolex geek should be along shortly :) lol :)

KBH

It's a great rep. Most people love them. I had one and found it a little large for my taste and kind of uncomfortable. I stuck with the regular Sea Dweller.

If you like Rolex and large watches, you'll love this one.

greg_r

Yes, this is a VERY good watch. I'm not sure whether this is the version with the corrected bezel insert, though (there's been a minor adjustment to the spacing of the number 10 on the bezel with the latest versions) so it's worth asking Lawrence whether this is the fixed one (I suspect it will be, actually).

Welcome to RWG!

scope

Check Mary's listings(watch international). She just posted a beauty with the correct bezel. Around $380 but it's a great rep!

trailboss99

That's a great rep. The case back is not quite correct (taper should be even without the step) but until you remove the back it almost impossible to tell.

Lawrence is a top dealer, one of the oldest still in the game.

Col.

dmisgod

top notch item indeed, as the learned scholars above noted.

would check Mary's newest DSSD first, worth a look.

welcome m8.

pollux1

Lawrence or Mary's without a doubt for ETA, but if you want to buy one at a cheaper price point first to try out ( most do it as it stops us spending a fortune on something that's not gonna get worn ) then get one from PWC, great seller too.

P_Diddy

I tried on the gen DSSD at the weekend and its a heavy watch, too top heavy to be worn loose on the wrist

anyone else have a similar experience?

ggcarr

Thanks everyone. i would like to buy the most up to date replica i can for obvious reasons. Mary's new listing looks really good! There seems to be a lot of issues with the number 10 on the bezel, hopefully this latest offering will be as close as it gets as far as reps go. Lets face it.... how close can a replica watch be to the original? If there is a replica Rolex Deep Sea out there that is flawless then i want one. If anyone can suggest an alternative to Mary's then I'd be happy to look into it.

Thanks again for all your posts.

Graham.

AllergyDoc

Yes, cannot be worn loose or it flops around. It has to be snug, which makes the Glidelock clasp a dream because you can make micro adjustments on the fly--the band always fits perfectly! (But still too top heavy for me.)

greg_r
I tried on the gen DSSD at the weekend and its a heavy watch, too top heavy to be worn loose on the wrist

anyone else have a similar experience?

Nope - I don't have that problem at all.

Member X

I have to wear my watches snug or it annoys the hell out of me lol

tdubt

in some of you guys' wristies the watch appears about to cut off circulation!

I wear my DSSD snug. never loose and never tight.

I have small wrists and its size doesn't bother me...large? certainly! a problem? nope!

P_Diddy

I have to wear watches loose, particularly in summer...... :D

in some of you guys' wristies the watch appears about to cut off circulation!

I wear my DSSD snug. never loose and never tight.

I have small wrists and its size doesn't bother me...large? certainly! a problem? nope!

Luthier

Only genuine watches without issues. If you're anal, and inspect the replica with X100 magnified glass, you better buy genuine.

No perfect replica exist, and the best way is not to compare rep. with gen. Replicas are different world, live with it. We all love reps "AS IS", it gives us a lot of topics to discuss. We all know, that Miss Universe is the most beautiful woman on Earth, but we love our wives and girlfriends, right?

;)

dmisgod
but we love our wives and girlfriends, right?

:D

emmmm, not always, sometimes we divorce them and have to pay child support :thumbsup:

tdubt

;)

emmmm, not always, sometimes we divorce them and have to pay child support :Whistle:

pick me pick me! :lolcina:

Luthier

:picturepoacher:

emmmm, not always, sometimes we divorce them and have to pay child support :P

I don't think we're alone for a long time, so... new love will come, and it won't be Miss Universe again, I think.

:)

dmisgod

emmmm, not always, sometimes we divorce them and have to pay child support :D

I don't think we're alone for a long time, so... new love will come, and it won't be Miss Universe again, I think.

nah, dont worry Luth, for now I like to snug with my gf eveynight, she has a nice big brasilian butt which keeps me warm mmmmmm ;)

Luthier
[

nah, dont worry Luth, for now I like to snug with my gf eveynight, she has a nice big brasilian butt which keeps me warm mmmmmm :)

You know the rule - pics, or it never happened!

:D

Rats

I have never seen a gen and I don't know what is printed under the bracelet lugs but the rep pictures say "orig. rolex design". I wonder why they would stamp that on, would anyone think the watch was designed by Ford or Ikea? I brought up the Rolex website to see if I could find what is printed on the watch, all I succeeded in doing was freezing up my computer. The Rolex website is not very informative and does not run smoothly. (at least not on my machine)

NFleischer

DSC00280.jpg

Here's my brand new PVD from Mary. Very nice watch- but i have to agree with all the previous posts

re: size. The head is too big for the bracelet, not very visually or physically balanced.

May not keep her, anyone interested?

jycegrcia

This watch is beautiful and very sought after model. The hour hand of this watch sweeps smoothly enough to satisfy you. From genuine submariner gmt time master and Deep sea you really can't judge which one is the real one as it's weight and other features almost resembles.

rc42

I had the 'v5' from eurotimez *cough, spit* and it had "ORIG ORLEX DESIGN" between the lugs, overall it was an utter POS and a complete waste of $400 or so. I eventually gave it away as it wasn't even worth selling and take the opportunity to call out eurotimez for the scumbag scammers that they are.

Anyway, apart from all of the issues with this particular DSSD the balance of the watch never seemed right to me whether tight, loose or somehwere in between. Perhaps it was the particularly low quality bracelet but I never wore it for more than a few minutes.