Sign in to follow this  
gran

Dr.Gran unwittingly meet Dr.Frankenstein....

gran

You have all heard about the new 37mm Asian 7750 movement? (also called asian a07.211), so I contacted Domenico (now renamed Dr.Frankenstein) in Germany and we agreed he would instal a brand new SWISS 7750 into my GTXXL watch for me for 300Euro :)

Then one late dark windy night damp with rain, pictures of the newly installed movement in my GTXXL arrives over the net....and I say hell!! what is this???? it is not a SWISS 7750 even if it has SWISS stamped on it, the asian balance and balance plate clearly asian, and it ain't completely asian either :D strange thing from Dr. Frankenstein in TransylGermany indeed :g:

I pondered and pondered, if Dr. frankenstein had made me a monster movement....a FrankenMovement....why had he not told me? why had he not asked me?....obviosuly the good doctor must have run into some serious difficulties fitting the Tiny SWISS 7750 movement into the GTXXL case....and decided to go Franken on me to solve his difficulties....use the mainpalte of the larger asian 07.211 and take it from there.....but just as Dr. Frankenstein always does there are difficulties....he could not put a SWISS balance and plate on it so the monster looks more Asian Clone than it does SWISS ETA...but blued screws are gone and the Swiss bearing on rep rotor running the show is devoid of the blue....this is the tale of Dr.Gran meets Dr.Frankenstein :P

So by chance or by design Dr.Gran now has a fully serviced 37mm 7750 FrankenMonster purring at 28.800bp in his COHPARD GTXXL :)

Some pictures of what has gone down in TransylGermany:

frankenmovement.jpg

allsammen.jpg

My watch on the wrist :wub:

chopardfromjoshua2010.jpg

So my first Franken :1a: The first a07.211 FrankenMovement ever :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Dr.Gran will likely meet Dr.Frankenstein again.....what will this pair spawn the next time?....I will keep you posted on the sequell

:drinks:

Transylvania_6_5000_still.png

trailboss99

Schweet! Very interesting little project mate.

Thanks for posting.

Col.

Member X

Blimey, that looks like a lot of work!

Well done him for going above and beyond to get it done though :D

apoopoo999

300 euros well spent

pollux1

Work of art mate, bloody work of art! :)

GC

zis ist verry verry interesting... mein feelings are schplit on zis

aber ze final result ist vat really counts... und ze final result ist reliability!!!

1A+++

Bravo!

gran

Thanks :lol: ...but yes it was a little expensive exercise me thinks :fearlessleader: