Sign in to follow this  
replicastuff

it had to happen one time, customs

replicastuff

Hi All,

After a good run feeding my watch addiction, waiting for a watch and instead got a letter from customs to ask me to verify contents of a parcel from China.

Checked the tracking - went with EMS, and can see it is stuck in customs.

Looks like this one's a goner, in touch with the dealer to see what happens next.

Anyone had such an experience and would like to share what happened in the end.

Think may have to cancel a couple of orders I was planning...

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers.

nunu78

Where do you based, my friend?

replicastuff

UK!

Amit

Not heard of that one before.

replicastuff

United Kingdom!

thedoc73

I was caught out with a delivery to Switzerland from Sinowatches last year. A Rolex. A similar thing happened, no watch and a letter from customs, then a letter from Rolex lawyers.

Customs said the watch was being forwarded to Rolex, Rolex said the watch was a counterfeit and I had broken the law, then they attempted to fine me 750 CHF (approx £400). I wrote back apologising pleading my ignorance and thankfully the fine was waived. I never got a replacement and basically lost $400 plus potentially a lot more. The watch was destroyed. I never heard again from Sino either.

Please can you tell me which dealer sent your item? I'm about to part with another $550 at Toro and am now concerned (this will be to the UK). I really don't want to lose out again.

Thanks and good luck.

replicastuff

Hi thedoc73, thanks for sharing, no it wasn't toro, it was a td on another site, terms are different for each td, so was wanting to see what other experience folks had here?

thedoc73

I only joined this site a few days ago as my purchase is imminent. I've been advised to pay for express shipping and most of the buyers on here seem to of had no problems. Hopefully mine goes ok.

Like I said..if anything escalates it seemed to help my situation by apologising and pleading ignorance to the seriousness of it all!

What brand was the confiscated watch?

replicastuff

Rolex.. easy tell I guess at customs.

Hazz

Hi All,

After a good run feeding my watch addiction, waiting for a watch and instead got a letter from customs to ask me to verify contents of a parcel from China.

Looks like this one's a goner, in touch with the dealer to see what happens next.

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers.

Don't reply to the letter. this sucks, check with th TD's policy......

thedoc73

Good luck mate!

SSTEEL

Sadly its a risk we all take in this hobby.

RussP

Collateral Damage, I believe, is the term that comes to mind................... :(

replicastuff

Hi All,

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers.

TD has advised me to complete the form for the border agency for release of the package, sounds too good to be true?

onionbag

Hi All,

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers.

TD has advised me to complete the form for the border agency for release of the package, sounds too good to be true?

No, don't answer. If pressed deny all knowledge of it and it's contents.

Hazz

Hi All,

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers.

I am thinking, maybe say it is a gift, what do you say Andy. ?

replicastuff

Hi All,

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers.

What should I say to the Trusted Dealer though? That was their advice.

gtwc

Border agency?

Here in the UK?

Que?

Perhaps your TD is just trying to ascertain that you have genuinely had a watch seized,

and are not just trying to do a Smoola (older members will remember this little fucka.....)

onionbag

Hi All,

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers.

I am thinking, maybe say it is a gift, what do you say Andy. ?

Gift or not you'd still be responsible as the recipient, I'd imagine. It's an awkward one replicastuff.........we've had members threatened with legal action over the seizure of watches by a copyright protection agent.

This however is a different scenario..............I'm sure it popped up recently..........I just can't remember how that panned out.

replicastuff

Border agency?

Here in the UK?

Que?

Perhaps your TD is just trying to ascertain that you have genuinely had a watch seized,

and are not just trying to do a Smoola (older members will remember this little fucka.....)

Yes letter from the Home Office - UK Border Agency, Customs Clearing Agents in Coventry.

Have already e-mailed TD a copy of the document.

wingnut121

There is a thread over on rwi or RG, which happened during the Olympics. Someone challenged the customs and relieved their watch.

They have made it a VIP thread tho.. So either get VIP or ask someone nicely.......

onionbag

There is a thread over on rwi or RG, which happened during the Olympics. Someone challenged the customs and relieved their watch.

They have made it a VIP thread tho.. So either get VIP or ask someone nicely.......

Different situation that mate, his watch had been siezed by (and I won't name them) a copyright protection agent.

We also have had a rather lengthy thread here, which has been removed to protect the guilty. ;)

wingnut121

Different situation that mate, his watch had been siezed by (and I won't name them) a copyright protection agent.

We also have had a rather lengthy thread here.

Valid point.. I remember now..

Takken

Had the same thing happening to me, it was not regarding a watch, but the question and the letter from custom was the same style...

- (asking me to confirm the content of the package)

I did tell them, told them I won a auction in Germany (blahblahblah) and the description of what was inside the package.

After they received my message they sent the package right away.

wingnut121
Had the same thing happening to me, it was not regarding a watch, but the question and the letter from custom was the same style...

- (asking me to confirm the content of the package)

I did tell them, told them I won a auction in Germany (blahblahblah) and the description of what was inside the package.

After they received my message they sent the package right away.

Was your item a replica of some sort or was it totally legit?