Sign in to follow this  
iabounty

A Rolex DD or DJ in all gold is calling me.....

Here are the 4 finalists.....  

3 members have voted

1. 1. All watches in this poll are priced at $59 US with free shipping

• DJG009
    • DJG010
    • DD118
    • DD120

iabounty

I have been looking at Josh and Andrews but I want an asian 21j movement (I am used to them and for me they are fine) I discovered that Lawrence prices suit my bank account better at the moment. $59 US and free shipping as compared to $238 plus shipping at J&A's Give me your opinions guys.

onzenuub

There is no Breitling mentioned so I will refuse to vote

iabounty

I knew I could count on you onze old buddy.......... :Doh:

onzenuub

Rolex...........

Thrillseeker
I have been looking at Josh and Andrews but I want an asian 21j movement (I am used to them and for me they are fine) I discovered that Lawrence prices suit my bank account better at the moment. $59 US and free shipping as compared to $238 plus shipping at J&A's Give me your opinions guys.

Bro....do yourself a favor and wait on this one. Take the extra time to save up the dough and buy a DD from Ruby. She will custom make it for you....any dial....any bracelet....smoothe or fluted bezel....any way you want it. I got mine (ETA 2836) from her for about $208 USD + shipping....but she can have one made with Asian 21J for much less.

Ruby's watch is superior to that HOS stuff. That $59 rep wont last long....neither will the gold....then you will be spending more money in the future on another watch to replace it.

bene3

The reps from HOS do last, i have two reps from them, one submariner and one day-date, they have both lasted me for than six months without any problems at all.

I agree with greg and would stay away from the diamond markers, I had one and gave it away, it just screams fake, plus the roman numerals look far classier.

oscarmadfish

i dont know enough about them to make a vote sorry

NFleischer

you can't beat the price. in fact an all gold for $59 even if it lasts 6 months you're ahead.i can't imagine the gold

looking very realistic at that price though.

they are not the most accurate reps - the $200 are alot closer.

good luck

greg_r
Ruby's watch is superior to that HOS stuff. That $59 rep wont last long....neither will the gold....then you will be spending more money in the future on another watch to replace it.

No argument that the upmarket ones are better - and if IA can justify the cost, that's the way I'd go too, but you'd be surprised at how well those budget Rollies are built (I have a couple). I'd certainly expect it to last quite a while (at least a couple of years with regular, but not daily, wear). The gold will, of course, wear off eventually - although some people seem to be luckier than others on that score - but it'll be the bracelet that'll go, at which point a reasonable brown croco-print strap is always an option....

iabounty

You mean I won't be getting solid gold for my $59.00 !!!!!!!! I just had a wild hair and thought I might try a real cheapo if you guys didn't talk me out of It. You get what you pay for in life as the old saying goes but I don't know if that applies to China rep. watches........ :thumbdown: HOS is on our list after all for cheapies anyhow......... Let me rephrase.......... Is what I am considering buying from his site worth $59.00 ? I see others showing pics of their cheapies and they don't look to shabby to me for the money. Should we remove HOS from our list if the consensus is he just sells junk? I don't know guys.... Thats why I am asking on this one... I am serious for once on watches and dealers... I want to buy a passable Rolex dress watch in gold (color of course) for a low price .......... Is this possible???

Guest dave123

Lay off the beer,its making you think like a noob.

iabounty

Lay off the beer,its making you think like a noob.

That why I started this topic Dave, to help the noobs............ Go soak your head Fred.......... :lol:

Thrillseeker
You mean I won't be getting solid gold for my $59.00 !!!!!!!! I just had a wild hair and thought I might try a real cheapo if you guys didn't talk me out of It. You get what you pay for in life as the old saying goes but I don't know if that applies to China rep. watches........ :lol: HOS is on our list after all for cheapies anyhow......... Let me rephrase.......... Is what I am considering buying from his site worth $59.00 ? I see others showing pics of their cheapies and they don't look to shabby to me for the money. Should we remove HOS from our list if the consensus is he just sells junk? I don't know guys.... Thats why I am asking on this one... I am serious for once on watches and dealers... I want to buy a passable Rolex dress watch in gold (color of course) for a low price .......... Is this possible???

Well, to be fair, I cant say that HOS sells junk; but from my experience, cheap gold watches will not last....so it doesnt make sense to spend money on a watch that will likely look poor after a short period. If your gonna go for a cheap-o id stay away from gold. As for it being passable, that depends on whos looking at it...but generally it will be easy to pull off if your clothes are right. Gold rollie reps are harder to pull off than other watches. You dont just strap on a rep of a $20,000 watch and have a few beers at the local bar....people will suspect its a fake....but in the right setting, with the right clothes it wont be as obvious.

Edited by Thrillseeker

AllergyDoc

And the gold battle rages on!

"It looks fake!"

"Everyone will know!"

"It'll wear off!"

Truth is, even the "good" fakes don't look like solid gold. But really, what % of the general population knows what a solid gold watches really looks like? And what replica watch buyer cares? If you care, you shouldn't buy gold plated or wrapped watches.

greg_r
And the gold battle rages on!

"It looks fake!"

"Everyone will know!"

"It'll wear off!"

Truth is, even the "good" fakes don't look like solid gold. But really, what % of the general population knows what a solid gold watches really looks like? And what replica watch buyer cares? If you care, you shouldn't buy gold plated or wrapped watches.

Most sensible comment in the whole thread. Amen, Doc!

Guest dave123

No,mine was the most sensible.... :lol:

oscarmadfish

as i said i knew fuck all surely mine was the most sensible :lol:

greg_r

Dave: when you make the most sensible comment in a thread, we'll let you know. I doubt that any of us will live that long, however :jingoism: :groucho::Hmmmph:

Oscar: Um. Possibly. You might think that, but I couldn't possibly... etc... :lol:

onzenuub

Should be a price for the most sensible comment.

greg_r

The price is being pilloried by Dave123.

...... or did you mean "prize"? :lol:

onzenuub

wtf is pilloried

greg_r

Pillory: to expose to public derision, ridicule, or abuse:

onzenuub

Oke, thank you

iabounty
You mean I won't be getting solid gold for my $59.00 !!!!!!!! I just had a wild hair and thought I might try a real cheapo if you guys didn't talk me out of It. You get what you pay for in life as the old saying goes but I don't know if that applies to China rep. watches........ :lol: HOS is on our list after all for cheapies anyhow......... Let me rephrase.......... Is what I am considering buying from his site worth $59.00 ? I see others showing pics of their cheapies and they don't look to shabby to me for the money. Should we remove HOS from our list if the consensus is he just sells junk? I don't know guys.... Thats why I am asking on this one... I am serious for once on watches and dealers... I want to buy a passable Rolex dress watch in gold (color of course) for a low price .......... Is this possible???

Well, to be fair, I cant say that HOS sells junk; but from my experience, cheap gold watches will not last....so it doesnt make sense to spend money on a watch that will likely look poor after a short period. If your gonna go for a cheap-o id stay away from gold. As for it being passable, that depends on whos looking at it...but generally it will be easy to pull off if your clothes are right. Gold rollie reps are harder to pull off than other watches. You dont just strap on a rep of a $20,000 watch and have a few beers at the local bar....people will suspect its a fake....but in the right setting, with the right clothes it wont be as obvious.

Good point Thrillseeker, I was hoping someone would mention the proper attire to wear a rep gold DD or DJ with. Let us use Allergy Doc as our example of who would be most liklely to own and wear a gen Rolex. We have all seen his wristshots in other threads and he is always well dressed to some degree when wearing one of his Rolexes. Now let us use iabounty as an example of how NOT to wear a rep gold DD or DJ. Not with a black tee shirt, faded blue jeans and dirty boots.... My point being a rep gold Rolex would be worn with a suit, not as a daily beater or to the super market so perhaps the $59 HOS would last a good length of time if worn in this manner........ OK Dave now you can insult me again.....