Sign in to follow this  
iabounty

A Rolex DD or DJ in all gold is calling me.....

Here are the 4 finalists.....  

3 members have voted

1. 1. All watches in this poll are priced at $59 US with free shipping

• DJG009
    • DJG010
    • DD118
    • DD120

AllergyDoc

I think most of us watch freaks forget that others don't think like us. Most people couldn't give a rats ass what you're wearing on your wrist. This is how I feel about women and purses. What do I care about what purse some woman is carrying? Granted, some watches are hard to ignore because of their size or design. The Grahams are this way. How can anyone ignore an oversized Graham?

If you got a gold cheapie and wore it only on special occasions it will look sharp, but probably no one will notice.

iabounty

Now we are getting somewhere........... Women DO look at a mans watch IF he is also well dressed........To a female a "package deal" . A well dressed man with a "Rolex" watch =SUCCESSFUL, RICH and VERY DESIRABLE..........Will $59 do it??????? Will Allergy Doc tell us about all his "secret encounters" with the super sensual women that throw themselves at his feet???????

greg_r
Now we are getting somewhere........... Women DO look at a mans watch IF he is also well dressed........To a female a "package deal" . A well dressed man with a "Rolex" watch =SUCCESSFUL, RICH and VERY DESIRABLE..........Will $59 do it??????? Will Allergy Doc tell us about all his "secret encounters" with the super sensual women that throw themselves at his feet???????

My take is that if you need a flash watch to get laid, you have bigger problems than your watch budget... Ask Luthier :lol:

Seriously, those $59 Rollies may not be the best, but they certainly ain't junk. Both (actually, all 3 if you include my TTK DeepSea which wasn't much more expensive) of mine keep excellent time, have good power reserve and look good on the wrist. No, they won't fool a WIS, but when was the last time you met a WIS in public?

mcloud

Have had 4 cheapie watches from HouseofSouvenirs and all have been fine, apart from a Corum which was gaining 6 mins an hour and wouldn't regulate. Lawrence replaced it (after I sent it back twice) with a Rolex Seadweller, which was amazing for the money. Dave is funny, always making derisory comments about buying cheap reps, i.e. if you must buy a rep, make it a top rep. Fancy being a snob about replica watches!. The only thing I would say iabounty, is that if you're looking for credibility when wearing a Rolex DD/DJ, then your attire of black teeshirt and jeans, while admirable in its understated simplicity, will not work with the ladies. Better to stick a hosepipe down your (faded) jeans (as I do) :lol:

oscarmadfish

of course you dont need a rolex to get laid

goats can not tell the time :lol:

iabounty
Have had 4 cheapie watches from HouseofSouvenirs and all have been fine, apart from a Corum which was gaining 6 mins an hour and wouldn't regulate. Lawrence replaced it (after I sent it back twice) with a Rolex Seadweller, which was amazing for the money. Dave is funny, always making derisory comments about buying cheap reps, i.e. if you must buy a rep, make it a top rep. Fancy being a snob about replica watches!. The only thing I would say iabounty, is that if you're looking for credibility when wearing a Rolex DD/DJ, then your attire of black teeshirt and jeans, while admirable in its understated simplicity, will not work with the ladies. Better to stick a hosepipe down your (faded) jeans (as I do) :D

:lol: I agree........ Reminds me of the old joke about the guy who stuck a potato down his swim suit to get the ladies attention......... However it must be placed in the front, not the back.............. Indeed if I buy a Rolex DD or DJ in gold it will not be worn out of the house unless I am in "full dress uniform". Along with the gold diamond ring Chevrolet Motor Division awarded me several years ago. I am still pondering what dealer and which watch.... :ninja:

JohnG

There is no one style of dress that works with an expensive watch... even a FG Rolex....

Dirty boots and a FG DJ is hard to pull off, but faded Levi's, old penny loafers and a ratty Polo would work just fine... Or khaki shorts, loafers with no socks (or golf shoes) and a polo (sweater over the shoulders even better). You could wear a tux. Or a suit. Or a button-down white dress shirt, blue shorts, penny loafers. Or button-down, old jeans, and Nauticas. Or shorts, dress loafers with tassles, no socks, and a short-sleeve linen shirt. Jeans, dress shirt, blazer. The possibilities are endless. Khaki slacks and french blue dress shirt, tan wing tips. And on and on...

People who wear gens are NOT a homogeneous block of clones. They are individuals. Usually there are signals that they have money (other than the watch) but not always. But if you wear certain clothes, even if somewhat ratty, you can pull it off. A LOT of monied people wear ratty fetish clothes (the jeans their wife wants them to throw out). Just use your imagination and common sense...

JohnG

Here are a bunch of styles you could pull off a FG Rolex with (IMO)...

casual-preppy_050608.jpg

mens-clothing-1.jpg

j%20crew%20madras%20shorts%20diet%20preppy.jpg

brooks.jpg

llbean_oldcover.jpg

41E95HYJAwL.jpg

onzenuub

John, what do you do with all those pictures of men?

JohnG

they got you hot, huh?

onzenuub

they got you hot, huh?

Nope.

JohnG

they got you hot, huh?

Nope.

YOU CAN'T FOOL ME.

onzenuub

they got you hot, huh?

Nope.

YOU CAN'T FOOL ME.

Think about posting a pic in here :lol:

JohnG

they got you hot, huh?

Nope.

YOU CAN'T FOOL ME.

Think about posting a pic in here :lol:

41nH1v9cnuL._AA280_.jpg

mcloud

I feel strangely attracted to the chap in the multi-coloured shorts. Maybe it's the feet :lol:

onzenuub
I feel strangely attracted to the chap in the multi-coloured shorts. Maybe it's the feet :P

:lol:

JohnG
I feel strangely attracted to the chap in the multi-coloured shorts. Maybe it's the feet :P

I will trade the guy in the shorts for your daughter.

onzenuub

nope, you will have to wait John.

iabounty
I feel strangely attracted to the chap in the multi-coloured shorts. Maybe it's the feet :rofl:

:blink:

:rofl: Not to change the subject but............ What form of shipping and what is the average length of time HOS to USA, those of you that have purchased from him?

onzenuub
I feel strangely attracted to the chap in the multi-coloured shorts. Maybe it's the feet :rofl:

:rofl: Not to change the subject but............ What form of shipping and what is the average length of time HOS to USA, those of you that have purchased from him?

To The Netherlands it was 6 hours.

iabounty

What watches have you purchased from HOS onz? (I know Rolex isn't your thang...)

onzenuub

What watches have you purchased from HOS onz? (I know Rolex isn't your thang...)

Thought it was about McClouds daughter :rofl: sorry, my mistake

greg_r
I feel strangely attracted to the chap in the multi-coloured shorts. Maybe it's the feet :Hmmmph:

:lol: Not to change the subject but............ What form of shipping and what is the average length of time HOS to USA, those of you that have purchased from him?

Lawrence uses airmail (unless you pay to upgrade to EMS - but don't bother). On average it's just under 2 weeks to the UK from completion of order.