Sign in to follow this  
Just a nickname

Looking for a nice rep rolex

Just a nickname

First time rep buyer. I could ditch 300$ into a replica but I am not quite wealthy lately (student, no job started doing some painting but nothing stable).

I have my eyes on an omega (this one):

http://www.p-cls.com...800-p-9574.html

A member recommended it and some one else vouched. I am really tempted to grab a second watch in the 100-200 range.

There is just so many rolex offered on perfect clone site... I really don't know what are the hot models out there.

I guess submariners are the way to go.

This model seem to be nice:

http://www.p-cls.com...800-p-9670.html

I really like this one:

http://www.p-cls.com...13-p-13621.html

I like pretty much all of them here:

http://www.p-cls.com...-55_64_416.html

Again I like all the models there beside the green & gold ones:

http://www.p-cls.com...-55_64_414.html

I have a quartz watch from a mediocre retailer (Emporo Armani) that is black and the omega is also black so I am quite temted to grab a blue bezel and/or dial watch:

http://www.p-cls.com...er-p-13799.html

Which one would you pick?

Would you wait to get the expensive models (when money will flow)?

I generally like rolex models but I am open to any suggestion. I don't mind to buy from somewhere else than perfect clones.

Cheers!

Edited by Just a nickname

LightGeek

So in a nutshell, if I may say... you're looking for who has the best submariner.

flyr

You've been here for a while now so you should know the drill, Read all the reviews ! Only you can decide what you can put up with and what you can afford.

LightGeek

Seeing as you also started a thread for who has the best seamaster, are you going to ask for any others too?

Just a nickname

I was in in July as I thought I had bought a fake watch. I looked for a while replicas but I didn't seriously considered buying at that time.

I checked at the movement list and detail used in replicas but at the price I will be buying I will end with the cheapest asian movements.

The best pick will end being the "best" looking model & how close it is in appearance to the gen.

I am quite interested by the last one listed (http://www.p-cls.com...er-p-13799.html) where can I find review for that rep?

Edited by Just a nickname

J.Eric

I was in in July as I thought I had bought a fake watch. I looked for a while replicas but I didn't seriously considered buying at that time.

I checked at the movement list and detail used in replicas but at the price I will be buying I will end with the cheapest asian movements.

The best pick will end being the "best" looking model & how close it is in appearance to the gen.

I am quite interested by the last one listed (http://www.p-cls.com...er-p-13799.html) where can I find review for that rep?

This was/is a very popular model. Use the search box, I am sure you find more than enough info!

300kph

I like TC's watches. I own a gen TT sub and was super-impressed with his new Yachtmaster and have one on order. His post on it is very impressive and he ius a meticulous seller. A real watch guy (IMO) If I am satisfied I will buy his green bezel anniversary as I miss the SS i had before I bought my TT. Less ostentatious than an 18K and more "believable" if u are looking for something that is realistic.

He is a no nonsense seller and returned my e-mails promptly.

Be prepared to pay a $500+ but expect a very good realistic rep. You can spend much less but you get what u pay for. My advice is go for an older style (pre-cerarmic / pre engraved rehaut)They are more realistic.Personally I do not like the "palsticky" look of the ceramic dials and the they come with the engraved rehaut which is an easy "tell" to people who know gens.

Good luck and if the price scares you remember you are paying only 5-8% of what the gen costs. Waterproof so u can swim with it and the automatic movement provides not only ticking but a smooth second hand sweep/

Wayne

he also makes a great plain SS with no date.

Edited by 300kph

300kph

I think some of the animosity from certain board members is that a lot of new people (and I have been guilty of this on other forums years ago until i wised up) ask the same questions over and over again: "Who has the best this or that" It can get tedious. The board provides a wealth of info and it is a far more satisfying experience doing your research, reading reviews and if you feel compelled you can PM a member and ask his opinion on something they have experience with. Just be polite and people might be more compelled to return your PM.

Here's my opinion on price & aesthetics: If you just want a Rolex look-alike buy what you like and what fits your budget. If you hope to pass it off as gen then get the least blingy most basic one like the black face no date your posted a link to. It is a rep of an entry level Sub made a few years ago when they could be had for around $3K.

I've been wearing gen subs since '89 and consider myself a bona fide watch guy. The GM of our company came back from Mexico years ago sporting a SS sub w/ black dial and date. He was a wealthy guy and carried himself well. From across the desk and across the room I was conviced it was gen. I had no reason to doubt it as he was a well-heeled guy. When I commented on it he was proud to say he paid $50 for it on the beach in Mexico from a seller of reps. He just like the look of it and had no idea it was a copy of a $6000 watch. He took it off and showed it to me and you could tell in an instant it was a rep. But from feet away it looked real and the fact he was a person who could afford one (if he wanted one) I assumed it was gen. Perception is everything.

Conversely, I knew a guy from Boston who I would see in Jamaica every winter in the late 80's. He dressed like a bum with ripped up jean shorts and an old Budwesier cap. But on his wrist was an 18K sub. Turns out his parents owned one of the biggst meat-packing companies in Mass and he had 2 other 18K Rolexes. He told me he drove a 10 year old car and didn't care for fancy clothes or diamonds or gold chains but he did love a good watch. Today most people would assume he was wearing a copy.

Buy one and enjoy it for the fact it is a copy of a handsome watch and the fact you can use it to tell the time!

Wayne

Edited by 300kph

arancini

Excellent post 300kph.

Perception is indeed everything.

watchlvr91

Great insights 300kph!

Chairman7w

Great post 300kph, well said.

Odyseus

If you can't afford a TC sub, then any of the Noob Rolex rep's are pretty good. Go for a 2836 movement (Swiss with a budget of $300) - you can't really go wrong!!

carus007

The new Explorer 2 Noob are supposed to be the Bomb!

White looks nice

Libertatia

The sub you like is definitely a bp factory sub, and you can definitely find reviews, under the rolex section, or under TD's feedback. I'm gonna guess you haven't checked either of those places though, and I definitely suggest you to stop being so damn lazy.

frogflyer

Nicely put 300, to the OP, get to researching! It's fun anyway, and you'll retain what you find ;)

Criegg
:facepalm: