Sign in to follow this  
Zulu Time

Explorer ll 42mm rep v. gen

tesmith2112

Nice review. That is one of Rolex's best designs IMO.

part_timer

Dial Emma! :woo:

Seems like the Black dial A2836 is out of stock.

One TD said a few days back "yes, I can get you this watch". Mmmm, great, that'll do me I think to myself! Of course, paid up front as per usual. :)

Then... "can't get you this watch, it's out of stock." :(

I've been offered a white dial A2836. But I have a white dial already, very happy with it, it's a more suited GMT 21jewel.

Shirley I don't need 2 white dials? The 2836 has a better sweep o' course, and well er, it's a fantastic rep, what if there isn't another batch?

Do I ask for refund? Do I wait and ask the TD to keep my funds?

I really don't fancy any alternative at the moment apart from the Sub C in the works.

Stick / Hold / or Fold?

freezee90

Great review, thanks for sharing! - Definitely fancying an Explorer 2 rep next! - just deciding if I want the 2nd generation white, or the 1st generation white :-S DECISIONS!!

vikingr

Could someone link me this watch. I checked the dealers section but I'm having trouble finding links to their actual sites.

Kleen™

One TD said a few days back "yes, I can get you this watch". Mmmm, great, that'll do me I think to myself! Of course, paid up front as per usual. :)

I've been offered a white dial A2836. But I have a white dial already, very happy with it, it's a more suited GMT 21jewel.

Shirley I don't need 2 white dials? The 2836 has a better sweep o' course, and well er, it's a fantastic rep, what if there isn't another batch?

I really don't fancy any alternative at the moment apart from the Sub C in the works.

Stick / Hold / or Fold?

I'd go for the 21j version or fold...

62ragtop

The more I see these the more I'm beginning to like them. Was never much of a Rolex fan but ever since I got my DSSD, Rolex has been slowly winning me over.

+1m. I'm soooo contemplating getting this one, or rather, getting one of each, can't decide between black or White dial... I do love my DSSD and this seems to in the same ballpark... or even better! Just love that lume!!!!!!!!!

Great Review! Thanks for sharing OP!

BR,

Edited by 62ragtop

bridgcat

I know what my next rep is!

HeavyKrush

Great review!

vikingr

Stick / Hold / or Fold?

I'd go for the 21j version or fold...

Why do you prefer 21j?

Kleen™

Because although being lowbeat the 21j (actually 23j) is much more suited to run the GMT-function than the clones...

So the usual reliability-issues is somewhat reversed from normal in this context...

Libertatia

May have to sell my BP sub c and get this cheeky bad boy.

vikingr

Just ordered one from Perfect Clones in 22j. My first rep and IMO the most beautiful Rolex made.

Y30BAD

I'll have to keep my eye out in M2M sales for one of these

machiavegli

Great review. I didn't know the 22/23J was an improvement over 2836-2 if I'm understanding correctly. The lume on your Noob Exp II rep from Mary is better than mine, so many people have defective lume on these where you can glimpse the black under the lume. Another minor issue is that date on mine seems somewhat more left-justified, especially in the 20's & 30's, like some other Noob Rollies. I hasn't noticed the GMT hand color and orange dial font color difference before I read this but I really see it now! Overall though, a great rep. But if I was going to but a Rollie gen like you, this would be the one for sure, great job on this & thanks a lot.

-Mach

f150intally

stunning pictures and high quality rep. This watch with white face just went on my hit list. This is the first whitefaced SS watch I like.

1959LesPaul

stunning pictures and high quality rep. This watch with white face just went on my hit list. This is the first whitefaced SS watch I like.

Me too! There's just something about this model that is so appealing!