Sign in to follow this  
NELSON

Tick tock stop..

NELSON

Received my lovely Pam homage from Tat, very pleased, just wondering how long the watch should last "off wrist" assuming it's been worn all day..?

Auto wind.

Many thanks.

greg_r

hmm - depends on how active you've been. On a full wind you should get around 36 hours power reserve, but if you're a desk jockey like me, a day's wear might not wind the watch further than half way. Hopefully it should wind enough to run overnight without problems, though.

NELSON
hmm - depends on how active you've been. On a full wind you should get around 36 hours power reserve, but if you're a desk jockey like me, a day's wear might not wind the watch further than half way. Hopefully it should wind enough to run overnight without problems, though.

Is it ok to hand-wind these autos...?

greg_r

Providing it's not a chrono, yes, just take it slowly and gently. You may find that fully winding it will be enough to give the chance for the movement to 'run in' and help circulate the lubrication - after which point you may find that the auto-winding works more efficiently. Certainly I don't normally find it necessary to hand-wind any of my auto watches.

NELSON

Thanks I'll try that, otherwise it's going to get annoying re-setting every morning... :lol:

Member X

Most of my Parnis automatics keep enough power to still be running in the morning, so you shouldn't be a problem there :)

Once you start a collection, though, you'll find you have to reset the one you choose every morning as you won't have worn it in a while! :itchyandscratchy:

Which reminds me - I need to do mine as I only had time to strap it on and leave this morning LoL

greg_r

Yup - it's normal for a Parnis to be running in the morning..... :itchyandscratchy:

You can get ointment for that, I believe... :)

Baldrick
how long the watch should last "off wrist" assuming it's been worn all day

If you leave it off for more than 8 hours, it will turn into a sticky gooey mess on your bedside table, then dry up into a powder that cops will look upon with great suspicion.

@Greg, you don't hand wind your chronos, wow, you learn something new every day, I've been doing that for 35 years with all my chronos, gen and rep, what happens if you do, do they fly out your hand or something :itchyandscratchy:

greg_r
how long the watch should last "off wrist" assuming it's been worn all day

If you leave it off for more than 8 hours, it will turn into a sticky gooey mess on your bedside table, then dry up into a powder that cops will look upon with great suspicion.

@Greg, you don't hand wind your chronos, wow, you learn something new every day, I've been doing that for 35 years with all my chronos, gen and rep, what happens if you do, do they fly out your hand or something :)

7750s seem to wear pretty rapidly if you handwind 'em a lot - gen or rep. The winding mechanism is that much more delicate than on, say, an ETA 2824 and that can result in excessive wear. This isn't just according to me, but is the consensus of most of the watchsmiths around on the boards. Okay if you don't mind getting 'em serviced pretty regularly then go ahead, but personally I've never felt it necessary - just need a quick swirl to get 'em started then normal movement keeps them going.

TBH I don't actually hand wind any of my autos - really don't see the need... :itchyandscratchy:

Baldrick
Okay if you don't mind getting 'em serviced pretty regularly then go ahead,

WHAT !!!!

You mean, not everyone does :itchyandscratchy:

greg_r

:)

:itchyandscratchy:

sconehead

So Balders...is it true you are a wind up merchant? :lol:

greg_r
So Balders...is it true you are a wind up merchant? :lol:

???