Sign in to follow this  
bowtiefanatc

Swap 2836-2 for 2824-2??

bowtiefanatc

Hello,

I'm sure this has been discussed multiple times, but maybe I'm just searching poorly. I was wondering if hands and dial would be compatible between a clone 2836-2 and an ETA 2824-2 movement?

Just wondering if any of my 2836-2 movements die, I would consider looking into swapping a 2824-2 in it's place.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you very much.

-Chris

conx

Yep, same hand sizes and dial feet position. However movement heights are probably different which may complicate things slightly.

themannier

Hi, i replaced a clone eta by a gen swiss eta and i kept the dial and hands; eta 2836-2 eta 2824-2 has exactly the same specs; so, all will fit very well, no problem at all !

DeLaForce

Date /wheel completely different spacing???

bowtiefanatc

I had read about the height differences between the two movements, and I did figure that the date wheel spacing would be different as well. as along as you can source a correct DW and can work with the height you should be able to swap with no problem it seems?

cwazy1

the 36 and 24 have different heights and thus different stem heights... be careful when swapping these as you might end up with a snapped stem later on.. Height difference is about 0.5mm