Sign in to follow this  
300kph

Has anyone seen a rep SS Montbrilliant Datora up close & personal?

300kph

I have only seen the gen and actually tried it on and loved it. It was 3 years ago in Edmonton (they do not sell them here in my town) and I came close to buying it.

Would buy a rep but I am hearing all sorts of mixed reviews.Also heard it is not being made any more.

The pics I've seen at least 3 versions of the white & SS. (some w/ markers other w/ numerals) Dealers that list it show the face to be more of a grayish white than a bright white like the gen (below)

breitling-montbrillant-datora-watch-1.jpg

Also different hand styles out there (copies of earlier models perhaps?) The pic above is the style I am after,

Not the most popular Breitling it is my fave and is non my gen want list.

Anyone own one? At around $300 they are not super-cheap and would love to hear people's opinions on it.

W

ZellerFTW

I have this rep with the so-called "Havana" dial (tobacco/brown sunburst style). It's an excellent replica. I fooled the AD with it when I needed a screw replaced. I've tried the gen on and the rep feels identical - so long as you lube the bracelet to make it less stiff. After you've done so, it's virtually perfect!

The Havana dial is rare for a gen, so it's a bit more "elite" to own a rep of it... ;)

Some reviews of the rep:

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...?showtopic=4195

and

http://www.rwgforum....-datora-review/

Edited by ZellerFTW

300kph

One of the reviews was nearly 5 years old. Much has changed since.

Are they still repping this watch or are the ones out there the same as the old flawed earlier versions? The AR seems to be a problem with the older ones.

Has anyone seen one recently?

Gorgeous pics by the way of those others. I hope I can find a Dat of high quality.

W

Edited by 300kph

ZellerFTW

I have no idea if it's flawed technically, all I can say is that it fooled the AD when I needed a screw replaced in the bracelet. Either he didn't tell me or it passed muster. I wore a gen Datora recently at a watch show (same show I got to wear a gen Jaeger tourbillon), and I can tell you that the rep is fucking phenomenal. I don't know what flaws you speak of, or if it even matters. This AD is a real WIS, so I know he knows what he's talking about.

The Datora is a brilliant rep. All complications same as gen. AR looks great to me!

300kph

Thanks Zeller. Now to source one! I have a question: The ones I've seen online seem to have an off-color face. http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=16_142&products_id=1601&zenid=6d786baeb05e62c32a4369946f65b74d

The one you reviewed seems a very good white match.

As well, your review is a few years old. I wonder if the watch can be sourced if it is identical to yours of if they have done any changes or upgrades?

W

Edited by 300kph

cwazy1

picture274p.jpg

my old one ^