Sign in to follow this  
PeterPotamus

My first Radiomir and first 47mm Panerai

PeterPotamus

So, after collecting watches for a long time, I really wasn't that much into PAMs, but since I became a member here, things have changed.

That said today I bought my first Radiomir - PAM 505 composite (O series/2000) and my first 47mm - PAM 305 Submersible Titanio (P series/800)

I just came home and took 3 pics to share with you guys, remember It's dark (night) so the pics aren't great

PAM027_zps5fb38335.jpgPAM028_zps12a00dd2.jpgPAM026_zpse9e23118.jpg

Bash64

Nice ones Peter. I'm guessing these will not be the last.

PeterPotamus

Thanks Bash, I only had a pair of 40mm one 42mm and one 44mm but no Rads or 47mm

I really like them... God only knows how that 47 is going to look on my skinny 7 wrist LOL

Bash64

I think it will look great! And just to stick up for all of us 7" people, 7" is not skinny. Turns out it is average (6 3/4 - 7 1/4 is the median range).

I think 47mm is fine on 7". I have lots of them and like the big ones best of all. (I know, I am setting myself up for a "that's what she said" comment)

My soon to be son-in-law has the same size wrists and picked up the full size 60mm EGI. If you are at all self-conscious you cannot wear this. It is unbelievably huge. There is no man alive (Andre the Giant has passed away) that can pull this off to make it look normal. Of course, the son-in-law thinks it will be perfect hanging out the window of his H1 Alpha Hummer. he is probably correct, the two things go together.

To be clear 7" wrist and 47mm = good, 7" wrist and 60mm = outrageous

arancini

Nice stuff Peter.

Given your extensive Gen. collection, surprised you haven't added a Gen. PAM yet.

Or maybe this is the precursor.....

PeterPotamus

Nice stuff Peter.

Given your extensive Gen. collection, surprised you haven't added a Gen. PAM yet.

Or maybe this is the precursor.....

I have only four pams in my collection, but smaller ones 2 in 40 1 in 42 and recently bought a gen 44, after trying my noob 111 LOL

PeterPotamus

BTW that 505 have a brown dial, I'll take proper pics when the light comes again, that thing is beautiful

arancini

Nice one.

Would love to see those if they haven't already been posted.

But I guess that's another thread. :thumbsup2:

PeterPotamus

40mm = 048 and 049

42mm = 392

44mm = 104 and I had a 000 that was robbed the very first time I wore it :(

I'll try to locate and upload some pics

James.

Let me know if they're too big for you, I gice you good price ;)

You'd accept poultry and/or used sneakers to trade value? :lol:

PeterPotamus

The rad is 45, with I think is very nice, but that submersible still scares me LOL

poultry? yeah that can be done :D but I'll have to pass on those sneakers :D

The one complain I have is that the cal P.9000 makes the watch very thick it's in my 392, 305 and the 505, but at least is an in-house movement

Realism

dibs on that asso strap if you decide to sell it lol

PeterPotamus

dibs on that asso strap if you decide to sell it lol

Realism, thanks for your comment but I have an incurable disease, I buy things, I don't sell them LOL

James.

The rad is 45, with I think is very nice, but that submersible still scares me LOL

The one complain I have is that the cal P.9000 makes the watch very thick it's in my 392, 305 and the 505, but at least is an in-house movement

It's a big 'un @47mm but it's TI so that makes it wearable. If it were SS, it'd be just pointlessly large and heavy. And for the price each of these are, you'd fkin well EXPECT an in-house movement. I'm sick and tired of all these coys producing expensive (relatively) watches with swatch movements in them. Grow an R&D department and build your own you lazy SOBs! :lol:

PeterPotamus

It's a big 'un @47mm but it's TI so that makes it wearable. If it were SS, it'd be just pointlessly large and heavy. And for the price each of these are, you'd fkin well EXPECT an in-house movement. I'm sick and tired of all these coys producing expensive (relatively) watches with swatch movements in them. Grow an R&D department and build your own you lazy SOBs! :lol:

That is totally true, but Panerai have a LOT of watches in the same price range powered by swatch...

James.

That is totally true, but Panerai have a LOT of watches in the same price range powered by swatch...

And then some, some pre-v and "A" models can get up to $200k?!?! :facepalm: powered by UNITAS FFS

I have a feeling the bottom may drop out of the high re-sale of Panerai at some point soon, I guess once people realise yes, they do do "limited" production runs of 500-2000 for each watch, but so many look the same and there's nothing special about their motors... some, yes, very collectable and always will be but others... a fool and his money :lol:

PeterPotamus

And then some, some pre-v and "A" models can get up to $200k?!?! :facepalm: powered by UNITAS FFS

I have a feeling the bottom may drop out of the high re-sale of Panerai at some point soon, I guess once people realise yes, they do do "limited" production runs of 500-2000 for each watch, but so many look the same and there's nothing special about their motors... some, yes, very collectable and always will be but others... a fool and his money :lol:

That is very true, but on the other side I saw today a São Paulo Boutique Edition Radiomir GMT 10 days that was something special, and only one run of 10 watches, but 25K for a piece of stainless steel, nah EDIT: 22K

Edited by PeterPotamus

numbnuts3

Peter, may I ask where you got that Radiomir from? What TD did you use? I'm looking to purchase that exact one and really like how yours turned out. Thanks

Edited by numbnuts3

DeLaForce

I do like a good rad :thumbsup:

PeterPotamus

Peter, may I ask where you got that Radiomir from? What TD did you use? I'm looking to purchase that exact one and really like how yours turned out. Thanks

I got them at the Panerai Boutique, those are gens, I really don't know if there is a rep of the 505, it's a new PAM model AFAIK

Visioneer

Nice PAMS...

PeterPotamus

Nice PAMS...

Thanks

rickyrosey

Really nice submersible, i'm jealous

PeterPotamus

Really nice submersible, i'm jealous

I still think it's way too big, but it's really nice

E.R.

Very nice!!!

I'm looking forward to see the other pics. A wrist shot of your 47 mm would be nice!

Owner of the same size. (of wrist)