midasmook

Monday.......

8142th.jpg

8131th.jpg

solkryssare

Some needed Rolex added

cc808200.jpg

Member X

Like it! Where did you get that one? Is it modded?

Competition prize today :fearlessleader:

20100503002.jpg

Silverspeed
IMG_4397-bewerktkopie.jpg

houndoggie
IMG_6171.jpg

NFleischer
DSC00188.jpg

solkryssare
Like it! Where did you get that one? Is it modded?

Thank you. Yes its modded. MBW, Yuki and lots og gen parts.

Edited by solkryssare

AllergyDoc

Damn you Greg and Midasmook! I've been trying to resist those 2 watches!

Same old for me:

4511926757_7fc1b6d95d_o.jpg

I have it on the SS bracelet I like this pic better.

Houndoggie looks like he should be shooting photos for Omega.

Member X

Cool :popcorn:

I need some vintage rollie in my life but there's too much to learn about all the correct details for each model! lol

greg_r

Finally managed to get this out of the watchbox without getting sidetracked by my SOH or UN... :rofl:

dssd241109.png

Member X

Rehaut lines up nice on that one!

NELSON

My recent purchase from Mr Tat...:rofl:

PAN001.jpg

PAN002.jpg

Silverspeed
IMG_4338kopie.jpg

Brightlight

Same as last week and the week before by about 20 weeks, my Franken DJ, Tapestry Dial. Though now on gen vintage bracelet, no photos of that yet. Perhaps time I gave the Silver dial Franken DJ a bit of wrist time, but that can wait until next week I guess.

d2j001.jpg

greg_r
Rehaut lines up nice on that one!

Yup - it's pretty nice considering how cheap it was. My TTK Rollie :choke:

GC

Tuesday...

PhotoFunia-23267.jpg

oscarmadfish
IMG_0910.jpg

Member X
Same as last week and the week before by about 20 weeks, my Franken DJ, Tapestry Dial. Though now on gen vintage bracelet, no photos of that yet. Perhaps time I gave the Silver dial Franken DJ a bit of wrist time, but that can wait until next week I guess.

d2j001.jpg

Dammit, that's what I'm wanting to build! Silver tapestry dials are annoyingly hard to come by :choke:

Brightlight
Dammit, that's what I'm wanting to build! Silver tapestry dials are annoyingly hard to come by :choke:

Tell me about it, and seemingly getting rarer as time goes along! I looked for ages as the Tapestry dialled watch is my grail, then settled on a silver dial for my first DJ. I then found another case set with dark blue dial going for a good price on the bay, just pure luck I sniped it at just over $200. So then I'm building a second DJ with dark blue dial. Almost at the last minute, someone from another forum put me onto a tapestry dial on ebay that was supposedly only for shipping within the US, but I contacted the seller and he agreed to send to UK. All this was about a year ago, DJ stuff seems to be much rarer and more expensive nowadays.

Edited by Brightlight

solkryssare

A wrist check from brightlight! This is a rare treat gents! And you know I love your DJ mate.

greg_r
A wrist check from brightlight! This is a rare treat gents! And you know I love your DJ mate.

+1 That is one of the nicest DJs I've ever seen. Beautiful!

Brightlight

This is because I'm very boring and since building my Franken DJ's wear one or the other every week, just about everything else rep is either sold or in pieces in my watch drawer. However, this being a new to me forum, despite being on a couple of others for about three years, I felt it was worth a showing!

I was thinking about this this morning (deep stuff!) and I believe this is because I see the Frankens as a step up from ordinary reps, however good, and only another Franken or a Gen is likely to replace them. It is also a very classy model that fits in everywhere and is not obtrusive.

Member X

I agree, they are a classy model that fits almost all situations!

I might spring for the MoP dial rep that Mary has listed as that's similarly sophisticated and 'non-shouty', although long term I'd like to build a franken. I just need to read up more on what I need!

Brightlight
I agree, they are a classy model that fits almost all situations!

I might spring for the MoP dial rep that Mary has listed as that's similarly sophisticated and 'non-shouty', although long term I'd like to build a franken. I just need to read up more on what I need!

for a Franken you need -

Decide whether you want a vintage with acrylic crystal or a more modern with saphire (vintages easier to source) and SS or Two Tone

Gen Case with crystal and back cover, tube and crown (crystal, tube and crown can be obtained separately but usually they come complete as a package)

Bezel (various choices from smooth to machined to white gold fluted, this last being my favourite)

2836 or 2892 movement (can use 2824 but need a high canon pinion, etc)

Stilty conversion ring (from member Stilty on the other RWG) to allow the movement chosen to fit the gen case.

Dial to choice

Set of Tudor hands off the bay

Datewheel overlay (rep or if using a 2824 there is room for a gen datewheel as an overlay, but you have to get the right one with progression the same as ETA)

Jubilee band or leather strap.

Spring bars

Prepare to pay from $600 to over $1000 depending on current prices and whether you use a gen band or not (my vintage jubilee strap plus the correct gen end pieces bought separately alone cost $300).

The ridiculous thing is for the cost of my two DJ's I could probably have bought a well used gen. But then I wouldn't have had any fun sourcing and building, and the ongoing pleasure of wearing something I made myself which is virtually indistinguishable from the gen and I probably wouldn't have got the exact model I wanted. And if anything goes wrong, it is cheap and easy to source another 2836-2.

Edited by Brightlight