Sign in to follow this  
Sven365

Pulling the trigger on a Pam111

Sven365

Hey all

Am very close to pulling the trigger on my first rep, a PAM111 beginner upgrade from toro but have a couple of questions if I may:

1. Manual winding. Is it annoying? You have to wind it every couple of days? Is that what you do? Do you just wind it when you have a spare moment or wait until its dying?

2. What strap shall I get. I like the idea of tan/ brown leather that darkens up whn you wear it but its hard to know whether to go for an ASSA or simply the brown toro supplies for $10 extra. Any got any thoughts? Or even better pics that can help me decide?

Apologies if this is an annoying post or been answered before. I searched the forum but couldn't find anything.

Cheers

Sven

dalboy

Hi ya Sven..

Winding ....i give it a wind every night before bed..( get in to the habit ) as for the strap..personal choice really..but the tan option looks good on the 111's..

Good choice of watch and dealer ..you will love it.

Dal.

Abagnale

i wind my manuals every morning when i'm wearing them for a longer period. i also try to avoid winding them completely in order to preserve the spring of getting damaged.

regarding the strap i would go for an asso.

cheers

Sven365

Thanks both of you.

I'm thinking tan asso.... Do they darkn with age?

Cheers

chaozzzsg

Thanks both of you.

I'm thinking tan asso.... Do they darkn with age?

Cheers

Yeah, they do get darker with age, due to the exposure to sun and oil from your hands and such.

cragster

I would def go for the asso upgrade,i wind mind every mornin

chaozzzsg

I would def go for the asso upgrade,i wind mind every mornin

I agree with cragster, I have a gen Asso strap and love it!!!

cereal killer

Just had one of these delivered yesterday and so far love it. Mines on the asso strap and I think it looks quite good, I may buy more straps for further options in the future though.

Personally I think the manual winding is real cool, I may bore of it eventually but don't really see it being a burden.

NFleischer

Welcome- congrats on the nice watch. The Gen Assos tend to start out darker than the reps. They will darken over time also.

Whorologist

cant go wrong with 111. I would recommend spending a bit more for the v3. I wear mine with dark brown croco strap

t0ny

cant go wrong with 111. I would recommend spending a bit more for the v3. I wear mine with dark brown croco strap

hey mate..do you know whats different between teh 'beginner upgrade' vs the v3? i.e. to justify the extra cost?

i just received my biginner upgrade..very nice watch though would like to know what i could of got better...better AR? better lume?

cheers

yatchmaster

had my beautifull 111 for nearly 18months then droped it on the tiled floor.all these weird pieces fell out the back onto the see through case.