Sign in to follow this  
machiavegli

First report? Newest version KW Panerai 312 O problem

machiavegli

Hey guys,

I just recommended the newest version PAM 312 O (only from KW) to a non-forum friend and it unfortunately had its rotor abandon ship after less than a 24H. He is getting a new one (thanks, 1st TD to carry it), but is still out $50 USD for returning it via EMS.

Has anyone else had any issues with the 312 rotor coming off? I'm aware that this has happened with prior PAMs but this is the new CAL P.9000 so I was hoping it was not going to happen with this...

-Mach

1370413487_zps90d7dc59.jpg

KeNnY

simply push it back, but but but.... best when out side of movement,

I wonder how is the main gear screwed on the movement, if there is some sticker on top or what

machiavegli

Kenny,

Too late it's back via EMS at TD (Luthier always said "I never mess with replica watches movements") but now I wish I had just tried to press it on. Still..... aren't the PAM's supposed to be getting better each generation with all that demand and feedback???? If my over $USD5000 watch had the rotor fall off, I'd be super-pissed off!!

-Mach

P.S. let me know when you want to sell any a KeNnY Hublot Oceanographic 4000. I've always wanted one and I know you must have an extra 1 or 2 :)

Kal-el

Yup, had the same problem. Just push it back...

TheSav

Law of averages. It is bound to happen to everyone sooner or later. At least it's getting replaced.

machiavegli

Yup, had the same problem. Just push it back...

Shit, someone else agreed... same problem on RG too! KW... FIX THIS... PLEASE..

-<Mach

Kleen™

What's holding the rotor?

I mean, if you can just push the rotor back in, it does not sound like there's much preventing it from dislocating itself again...?!

machiavegli

I mean, if you can just push the rotor back in, it does not sound like there's much preventing it from dislocating itself again...?!

+1

Higs

Mine arrived like this. I remembered reading somewhere about someone who'd had the same issue with a different watch with a 7750. They had solved it by pushing it back on. So I pushed it back on.

It's been fine since.

It is a friction fit.

I guess it took an big hit somewhere in transit - the kind of clout it is unlikely ever to get in daily use. If I'm ever wearing the watch in a car crash, building collapse etc, I'll be sure to check the rotor's still attached straight after I check I'm still breathing and can wiggle my toes.

Silverspeed

The rotor is attached to the rotor bearing. The rotor bearing on this modified A7750 looks a lot like the one on the A2892. Unscrew the 3 small bearing screws, remove the bearing and press the rotor back on its bearing.

SSTEEL

The rotor is attached to the rotor bearing. The rotor bearing on this modified A7750 looks a lot like the one on the A2892. Unscrew the 3 small bearing screws, remove the bearing and press the rotor back on its bearing.

And maybe a couple of tiny drops of loctite 222?

Silverspeed

I'm no watchsmith....but using Loctite on a rotor? Seems to me that that stops the rotor from spinning freely

SSTEEL

I'm no watchsmith....but using Loctite on a rotor? Seems to me that that stops the rotor from spinning freely

I meant gorilla glue or loctite to secure the rotor to the centre wheel, thus still allowing the oscillating weight/rotor to spin freely.

sequoia

Man I hope this doesn't happen to my 312. It is in the mail to me right now from KW. Should I remove the back and tighten the rotor screws when it arrives or just verify it is still in place?

gB.

That sucks. Hope you get it resolved.

watchpt

This happened to mine as well after wearing it for a total of four days over two weekends. I definitely didn't drop it, bang it or jump off a building with it. My activity level was going out to dinner, taking my son to basketball practice and going to church.

After opening the case to inspect the rotor I eventually just pushed it back on. An hour later it fell out again. That's when I knew it wasn't a simple fix so I sent it last week back to KW for an exchange. Li was great and agreed to an exchange when he receives the watch. If this happens again i'll just take it to a local watch repair guy. I really like the watch and I even ordered a genuine alligator strap from KW to be sent back with the exchange.

Hopefully this isn't indicative of a problem with the movement because I really like what KW has been doing and am looking forward to the pam388 release with the same movement.

Edited by watchpt

Bash64

Most of those rotors are just "friction fit" on the rotor bearing. If it is not installed with perfect alignment or if the watch is banged or dropped, it could come loose. They are sometimes a little pain to get back on straight, but definitely doable for most people at home. The few I have re-seated have stayed on. Some have suggested a little crazy glue to ensure it doesn't jump off - if you go that route, be very careful that you don't have any dripping into the rest of the movement and I would try it the first time without that step.

nev848

Magic fairy dust as usual that holds all Reps together.

gB.

But this is a KW. You forgot that's it's gen-like magic fairy dust.

machiavegli

But this is a KW. You forgot that's it's gen-like magic fairy dust.

:rofl:

sequoia

I wonder if this is an issue with this watch. Seems several people have stated the same problem.

cyphion

Happened to me too. It came that way. I was sending a few other watches out for repair, so I sent this along with them. It sucks, but thats part of the game.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

machiavegli

The tally so far...

Looks like a bunch of KV 312 O rotors fell off in the initial batch of 120 pieces. I think it must be a real issue, maybe they had to redesign the bearing in order to accommodate the fake P.9000 bridgework.

-Me at RWG

-Kal-El at RWG

-Cyphion at RWG

-Higs at RWG

-watchpt at RWG

-Kleen at RWG & RG

(None reported at RWI)

= 6 out of 120

-Mach

watchpt

Yeah I was considering buying the pam388 when it came out from KW but I decided to hold off on that purchase until the rotor situation is resolved. Instead while I wait for my 312 to be exchanged, I sent an email to Li to order the pam411! :lol:

kuvarsit

hello dear friend. thank for that report.

but already we solved problem long time afo.

first 35 pieces of first batch has problem.

and we are ready to help who has problem with rotor.

now we can say rotor %100 strong. if watch fall down from 10 meter watch glass movement will broke of course same as gen :)

but ROTOR not :)

we impoved rotor parts. much much stronger. please don't worry.

pam 312 pam 359 all no problem. just first 30 pieces has problem.

in these days we will start to sale new impoved pam 386 also no problem on rotor. we tested many times.

so sorry for this situation but anyway we resolved problem 1 month ago

best regards

Mehmet