Sign in to follow this  
Olly

Vintage Omega service nearly complete !!!

Olly

Hi guys,

So tonight I completed the date function assembly and the keyless works issue. The keyless work was very tricky to assemble because it was rusty so after a clean it all went together perfectly. There was a screw that needed to be very tight because it won't hold the stem but after that it went perfectly. The ware wheel and the mechanism was extremely annoying to assemble, 1 hour looking for a screw in the carpet and it went together fine. Now the co axial escapement and cogs won't fit into place properly. Once I put the escapement in it doesn't move when I blow the main hairspring but the coaxial moves which is on the jewels. I need advice on assembling it, the cogs won't sit flat either and when I place the cover with the jewels the cogs don't drop init the jewels properly in turn not allowing the movement to tick.

Pics below, I'm very impressed with my self that I've got this far with ought fucking up the movement.:D

ubamybep.jpgeju3e5u6.jpgsa5u5azu.jpgytybyvyq.jpg3a8y7epe.jpgvebu9asa.jpge2e6a2am.jpguqusutyp.jpg

Thanks,

Olly

HeavyKrush

Looking good O!

Olly

Cheers, do you have any suggestions on how I choirs assemble the coaxial escapement ?

Frankt8242

Cheers, do you have any suggestions on how I choirs assemble the coaxial escapement ?

Er...Um.....I don't think that Omega offered a "co-axial" escapement back then.... :giggle: :giggle:

Olly

Err ok the thing that ticks then :giggle: