Sign in to follow this  
Knackeringham

Tried on Gen Titanium 45.5mm P O today..

Knackeringham

I hadn't seen one of these in the flesh. I went to the Omega store in one of our major shopping centres in Melbourne as I was on my way to buy some business shirts so I thought this would be a good opportunity to spy the real thing. I nearly forgot that I had my rep gold/blue sub on so I whipped it off and put it in my pocket.

I was a bit surprised how thick the P O was but once on my wrist it didn't seem too bad in fact it was pretty stunning. The watch heavy but the band light.

Price $10,300 Aussie dollars for the Titanium band and $9,300 with the blue rubber.

Still waiting on the new rumoured rep to come out so I can get one!!

Knackeringham
The Titanium 45mm PO is available.

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=47534

Yes but this still had some problems with the pearl and clasp and it is rumoured there is a better version coming out. Could be just here-say not sure.

SSTEEL

Theres always a rumour of a new version of any of the popular reps about to come out. Sometimes its hearsay, other times not so much.

R1evans

If your just worried about the pearl and clasp,spend $360 on a titanium rep,$250 on a gen replacement bezel complete with insert,and get a gen replacement strap.quality rep with e few gen parts for about $1000.

Win win.

JR003
The Titanium 45mm PO is available.

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=47534

Yes but this still had some problems with the pearl and clasp and it is rumoured there is a better version coming out. Could be just here-say not sure.

What problems with the clasp? I have this and absolutely love it! The only improvement I could think of is to move the pearl up by 1,5mm, but that is definately acceptable... And besides.. I highly doubt that they will get it right on the "new version", since the pearl has never really been perfectly placed in any PO rep...

Here's mine:

2valf0l.jpg

Edited by JR003

hacker2

I have this watch, and I have heard that the clasp can be stiff the open/close (i think). On mine the clasp opens and closes fine but looks like it is only half on/off. (sits uneven)

JR003

I have this watch, and I have heard that the clasp can be stiff the open/close (i think). On mine the clasp opens and closes fine but looks like it is only half on/off. (sits uneven)

Can you show this effect in a picture? Just wanna compare that to mine..

hacker2

here you go mate...(sorry for the delay)

Tiny white line under A of the OMEGA is a silver minute marker glued underneath .... :frusty:

35045ew.jpg

33kub0i.jpg

As you can see it is crooked, but I assure you it is secure.

2q234u1.jpg

JR003

Hmmm... Strange.. Mine definately does not have that. Did it arrive in that condition? How long have you had it? Is this a 1st or 2nd batch? Mine is of the 2nd batch, the one with proper double AR. I'll make some pics tomorrow for comparison.

Edited by JR003

R5tdi

I had clasp problem on this one as well the watch would not close so I just got a new ceramic Po bracelet I prefer the heavier feel tbh

In the interim I was buggering about with the titanium bracelet and the problem was the divers extension it would not close properly and was stopping the main clasp form closing

After cleaning and bit of lube its working fine now it's just to lightweight for my taste

Overall it's a fabulous watch I've got the latest one with the double AR and its up there with my other super reps like my Pam111V3 and my Breitling Superocean

If anyone is needing a spare titanium bracelet just pm me

hacker2

It has been like that since day one, and I have had it about a month. I am not sure what batch it is but it has AR not sure if it has double AR though.

When I asked the dealer if I could purchase a bracelet on its own to solve the problem, he said they were all like this and I left it.

Knackeringham

I think it's just the luck of the draw but I think I'll chance it without spending the extra bucks for modding. I think I'm being a bit too picky after all it is a rep. I still can't understand how they can't get the pearl right on all these reps....surely it's not a big deal to get it spot on.

JR003

I think it's just the luck of the draw but I think I'll chance it without spending the extra bucks for modding. I think I'm being a bit too picky after all it is a rep. I still can't understand how they can't get the pearl right on all these reps....surely it's not a big deal to get it spot on.

I think you need to go back to your TD.Here some pics of my titanium bracelet. Sorry for the poor pics, only have phone cam available right now:

28gs4m1.jpg

35a24ib.jpg

The problem must probably that the hole for this pin is not correctly drilled and you probably have some play there to one side, right?

1r9i79.jpg

I have to admit though that the outer end of the clasp does not sit very tightly against the bracelet (i.e. there is around 1mm space). If I pull it a bit on on side I can replicate what you have. However, I can do that on both sides, but when it sits normally on the wirst it is even, i.e. parallel to the bracelet.

Edited by JR003

hacker2

Ye I did speak to the TD about the clasp, he said it was normal -.-

It's only a rep and I use it for work so it takes a good beating daily!

sgtguk

Isn't Noob supposed to be making one of these and the 42mm soon ?

akng

I just ordered the orange P.O 42mm. I got the QC pictures back and the pearl is actually centered unlike most reps out there. ordered from perfect clones. There is a good thread on here discussing the 45mm rep out there vs the 42mm rep. The review mentioned that the 45mm version didn't seem to have any AR at all and the 42mm seemed to have everything right.

Just from my search on here.

I will post pics of the 42mm PO i ordered once I get it. Appears to have been shipped. Just waiting on arrival.

Cheers,

Alfred

JaceyBoy

Can you post more pics of the 45.5 rep please Titanium

Frankt8242

If your just worried about the pearl and clasp,spend $360 on a titanium rep,$250 on a gen replacement bezel complete with insert,and get a gen replacement strap.quality rep with e few gen parts for about $1000.

Win win.

If you consider spending $1000.00 on a rep watch a "win" you have my sympathy!! :treadmill: :treadmill:

JaceyBoy

Cant the factory's be told about these issues and they change the watch?

R1evans

Win win.

If you consider spending $1000.00 on a rep watch a "win" you have my sympathy!! :treadmill: :treadmill:

It's only the same sort of money some members spend on a TC sub,by the time you add in the price of a gen bezel insert.

It's only money.

jamler

My Omega PO Ti LM arrived yesterday from TRUSTY... inspected it under a loop and sized bracelet. It is just about Perfect!!!

The Ti bracelet is very light and actually looks amazing, but feels a bit cheap at first(because of it's lightness).

I will say the bracelet needs to be oiled... I had some trumpet valve oil on hand... Very thin and slick with said metal adhering properties.

Soaked up the bracelet pretty good, make sure you bend each link back and forth. Give is a good towel off with a microfiber rag.

I did that, and it is literally perfect now. Will post some pics...

Have to get a site to post pictures... Drag
Edited by jamler

Sakurai

Looking forward to pics! ^^

mudman1

I have just received my cheapie PO from Silex and love it, thought I was a seamaster 300 guy. It really shows the benefit of the cheaper options to check out what you will like on the wrist. I will now be looking for a really good PO. Love the Titanium but the Pumpkin looks great as well.

jamler

Looking forward to pics! ^^

PIC's of my Omega PO Ti LM can be found here!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/99014487@N06/

Pics not too great with my cell but you get the idea.

I got the 45 even though I only have 7" wrist... Love it