Sign in to follow this  
jojo8989

Got the White Dial SA...

jojo8989

Just got it...

Box was kinda cool, slightly worn from the ride over but when i pulled it out, looked at the face, I noticed there were what looked like 2-3 small scratches in the AR or something, and it looks like something got caught when they put the glass on or its just another scratch...its kind of hard to tell.

It's a semi-nitpicky thing but its really bothering me. All i know is i got a watch I've been really waiting for but I'm bummed....

dingle
Just got it...

Box was kinda cool, slightly worn from the ride over but when i pulled it out, looked at the face, I noticed there were what looked like 2-3 small scratches in the AR or something, and it looks like something got caught when they put the glass on or its just another scratch...its kind of hard to tell.

It's a semi-nitpicky thing but its really bothering me. All i know is i got a watch I've been really waiting for but I'm bummed....

Show us some pics. surely if it is bad enough, the dealer will help you out. :popcorn:

jojo8989

Ill get some pics after work, its just one of those things, i think AR makes scratches really stand out..

dmisgod

dont sweat it m8. who did you get it from ? which dealer ?

if hes from our list of TD surely hell get it sorted out.

jojo8989

Mary- I got it with the box- kind of a cool idea but once you open the box its OBVIOUSLY fake haha printed leather grain ftw oh and if every other member didnt make this extremely apparent....its BULKY

Member X

Sorry to hear it didn't arrive perfect :popcorn:

Get some pics up so we can see!

Hopefully Mary can sort something out :)

jojo8989

is this watch supposed to vibrate? If you put your hand on it you can feel stuff inside spinning. also, it doesnt seem to reserve power for very long at all... This isnt helping :/

AllergyDoc

Did you remove the plastic protective film off the crystal? (Silly question, maybe, but I don't recall how experienced you are with reps. Some noobs leave the film on and complain about how the crystal looks.)

IMO, chronos should hand wound about 40 turns when new (do it slowly) to fully charge the movement. My SA has about a 48 hour reserve when fully wound.

You may feel the self-winding rotor move inside the watch after moving it some. It shouldn't be very noticeable in an Super Avenger, though, because the case is so thick.

jojo8989

Doc- there never seemed to be any plastic over the crystal, as for the reserve, I will see how it goes, but when on my wrist, there is a very noticeable...."whirring" vibration. ** Edit ** its the rotor....it must be flippin huge because it spins for a long time and shakes the damn watch.

AllergyDoc

The rotor is the only thing that turns in the watch, though (I'm pretty sure). You shouldn't feel it, though, as big as the SA is.

Funny, my SA came with a protective film over the crystal. If the AR is scratched, send it back. These watches have perfect AR, better than the gen many say.

Sounds like your rotor might need some fine tuning.

jojo8989
The rotor is the only thing that turns in the watch, though (I'm pretty sure). You shouldn't feel it, though, as big as the SA is.

Funny, my SA came with a protective film over the crystal. If the AR is scratched, send it back. These watches have perfect AR, better than the gen many say.

Sounds like your rotor might need some fine tuning.

I'll try to snap some shots, how much is it so ship a watch to china?

AllergyDoc

Less than $20. Send it registered airmail.

jojo8989

pardon my ignorance, but thats through the United Postal Service right? Just walk into the post office with a package and im good to go?

AllergyDoc

Yup. If you don't want to pay about $40 for express, which really doesn't get there any faster, send it registered mail.

The package has to be completely wrapped with gummed tape. My local PO does that for me so I just show up with a box. Then they have you fill out the customs paper and it gets stuck to the outside of the box. No one can open it except the person receiving it. You'll get a tracking # that will show you when the package hits China, but little else. Takes about a month to get to the dealer. Last time I did it it cost $18, I think. Your dealer will tell you what to write on the customs form (and it won't be "RETURNING FAKE BREITLING" :popcorn:)

Member X

Get some decent pics up before you do anything so we can all have a look! :)

rc42

I had a Hublot Big Bang in which the rotor would randomly spin freely whilst wearing it, it made the whole watch vibrate for several seconds on my wrist.

The fix for this was to apply a vey tiny amount of grease to the rotor bearing which not only quietened it but added a tiny amount of drag, not enough to cause problems with the auto winding but enough to stop the rapid acceleration and free-wheeling.

however, if you're sending it back for crystal replacement then get the movement swapped or fixed at the same time.