Sign in to follow this  
f150intally

Breitling Superocean Steelfish V2

f150intally

Here is my mini review of the Breitling SOSF v2 purchased through Toro Bravo for $208 + shipping. I have to admit that Toro was wonderful to deal with. I noticed a minor flaw on the the first set of QC pics so he gladly took care of it and sent me a second set of pictures with the flaw gone. It was hard to say what exactly was in the picture but Toro stated it was just dust or something from assembly. I was adamant about receiving a different watch and he took care of business. By the way, order was placed on June 3rd and the attempted deliver occurred on June 7th. Outstanding shipping times. Tracking # was provided but unfortunately, my family went on vacation for a long weekend so I missed the delivery. Had to wait all weekend which was very agonizing but picked the watch up on Monday around lunch.

Wasn't REAL impressed with the packing. Single layer of bubble wrap and an express mail envelope. Nonetheless, the watch was fine as far as I could tell. I will 100% do business with Toro again. He has excellent customer service and was very responsive to emails.

Onto the watch and the actual order. I can now see why so many people purchase this watch as their first rep. What an amazing hunk of stainless steel! And for the price Toro is offering $208USD, I feel like it is an amazing deal. I also ordered a Breitling rubber strap at a cost of $65. Wasn't sure how I would like the black rubber strap but it is certainly nice enough. Wife prefers the stainless bracelet however, so I am not sure how much wrist time the rubber strap will get.

The watch was in really good shape. I had a fun time learning how to adjust the bracelet (didn't realize Breitlings were different). Figured that out after a few minutes however. Couple things I noticed right away after thorough inspection.

1. There are numbers stamped (or etched) on the backside of the bracelet where it meets the case. on both ends, the numbers have some brownish tint in them. I read about this in some of the threads. Personally it doesn't bother me and you have to pay close attention with the watch off turned upside down to notice. No big deal but some may complain about it.
  2. There was some fairly significant abrasions just below the pop-up part of the clasp. They are not too onerous but I can certainly see where someone would not appreciate them. They don't really bother me because it is a rep and it won't be flawless and they are located in a position that is going to get scratched any way. They are pretty noticeable if you flip your wrist over and stare at it.
  3. Similar to the Milgauss I ordered recently, there was a small blemish on the minute hand. Noticeable if light hits it a certain way.
  4. And finally, there is a very subtle gap where the bracelet meets the watch case. Not on the sides but the end of the bracelet. Again, if you read my Milgauss review you would understand that I am pretty anal retentive. Only on one side mind you. Again, no unrealistic expectations as I understand it is a replica.

I set the watch using the same atomic clock I used for the Milgauss. I carefully wound the watch and have worn it for two straight days (Tuesday/Wednesday). The watch is off 6 seconds over a two day period from the atomic clock! Not bad accuracy for a rep!

I was shocked at the weight of this watch when I first received it. It feels so well made. The Bezel has a very notchy but tight rotation in one direction. I think the lume application is actually better than the Milgauss rep. It really glows after a few short minutes in the Florida sunshine.

The date wheel looks very nice on this watch. I haven't seen a gen in person to compare it to but the numbers seem proportionately sized and a nice weight.

Overall I am very happy with the purchase and love the watch. Here a few short snapshots of the watch. Maybe I will get time to take some more detailed pics. I am a seasoned photographer but new to watch photographer.

Hope this helps some folks out who are considering this rep :D

WP_20130610_008.jpgWP_20130610_007.jpg

Edited by f150intally

Pharmo

Very, very nice. Bit chunky for my small wrist i think. Enjoy my friend!

HeavyKrush

Nice pick up, looks sweet. Wear it in good health.

TheSav

Very nice.Thanks for the write up. Congrats and enjoy :)

Visioneer

Thanks for the write up and view of a really nice looking watch.

f150intally

Upon first inspection I thought it would be too big on my wrist but I love it!

Thanks for the compliments guys!

mostling
Wife prefers the stainless bracelet however, so I am not sure how much wrist time the rubber strap will get.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Itz2w4Y7SzY

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Edited by mostling

f150intally
Wife prefers the stainless bracelet however, so I am not sure how much wrist time the rubber strap will get.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Itz2w4Y7SzY

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Good one. But I choose my battles. Stainless looks great too. Not sure yet how I feel about the black rubber strap.

dly02

congrats, and enjoy the purchase! you'll become a watch photographing expert in no time at all

Maverick911

Very nice watch!!!

Hazz

They wear smaller than they look

Martin72

Very nice, that's alot of watch for the $!

Pob

Very nice ;)

scorpion

Nice review and possibly my next purchase ...I guess it wears and feels similar to a Avenger but can i ask a favour, could you tell me its weight in grams and confirm the diameter of bezel is 45mm.

Pharmo

They wear smaller than they look

Thanks mate- now i am getting rather tempted with Toros offer.

Sunny Puddi

Mine says hi!

dsc09306a.jpg

Edited by Sunny Puddi

f150intally

I will take some measurements and post back. For the bezel, what do I measure? The case or the actual bezel?

Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Tapatalk

clockwerk

cant check now coz the website is gone... but was this being sold as superlumed ?

f150intally

Yes, advertised as superlumed. And I can not find my postal scale so have not been able to weight it! :(

NCRich

Well, mine weighs 7.5 oz. Sized to a 7.75 wrist.

Nice watch, I enjoy mine as well.

clockwerk

are there any other TD's besides Toros sells these?

akoizame

I saw this adv from toro $208 for asian Eta 2836-2

whats the different with other TD offer? Why they so expensive??? about $388 with Swiss 2836-2

Any different??? Or it just a marketing trick???

ghoststar

I really want the white one of these. Can anyone explain to me the imperfections (differences from gen) that everyone keeps mentioning? I just don't see any differences.

hnic

to me the only thing that 'bothers' me is the S in Superocean

drumike102

Looking to get into one of these now from toro.seems like a great first rep!!