Sign in to follow this  
hunter

returned timeshops watch wants me to pay return shipping

hunter

I returned a timeshops watch because it was stopping. When I emailed them asking when they would be returning it, I received the following reply:

dear friend

your rolex watch we are ready to send back to you. but please advice what shipping method you would like to us send back?

1. normal reigster air mail - 10USD - delviery time around 20-30 days

2. EMS. - 25USD.- delivery time around 7 days.

please advice

I replied with WTF, you pay EMS shipping... well I was more tactful than that but seriously!

Killasam
I returned a timeshops watch because it was stopping. When I emailed them asking when they would be returning it, I received the following reply:

dear friend

your rolex watch we are ready to send back to you. but please advice what shipping method you would like to us send back?

1. normal reigster air mail - 10USD - delviery time around 20-30 days

2. EMS. - 25USD.- delivery time around 7 days.

please advice

I replied with WTF, you pay EMS shipping... well I was more tactful than that but seriously!

i thought i was in there guarantee to cover return shipping.. you pay shipping to them, they pay shipping back ?

:)

AllergyDoc

Never heard a dealer asking a customer to pay for shipping when they've repaired a watch under warranty. If it was outside their warranty, it's a different matter. They usually just automatically send it back registered airmail.

hunter

Well he came down to $18 for EMS, and I was just going to bite the bullet and pay it, when he then informed me he just shipped it normal registered mail. Again, WTF - why ask me then.

It's already been a month since I sent it back.

AllergyDoc

If it's on its way back to you already, you're ahead of the game. It usually takes a month to get to the dealer, then 2-4 weeks to get back to you.

Maybe he was trying to squeeze a little extra profit from you.

greg_r

Half the time airmail is just as fast as EMS anyhow.