Sign in to follow this  
Cgutta

Ever heard of a suunto?

Cgutta

So I'm not sure whether or not it is a quartz piece and whether there would be a decent replica? The Suunto Core in Steel?

I saw it at a store the other day, kicking myself for not asking questions, but I think that is because it was a seemingly cheap(er) watch? But it is still over $500.

Either way though, pretty cool watch, big ol' fat face. It is a digital watch, must be quartz, right? But I think for me, since my brain injury I've been interested in these digital type watches. I need alarms, if not several alarms, my timex is pretty sweet already, but Ima watch lover.

Mike

www.weluvmike.com

greg_r

I kinda doubt that you'll find a Suunto rep out there - or whether it'd be worth having if you did find one. It would by necessity have to be very much a low-end rep. The real thing can be had fairly cheaply if you look online.

As a general rule, if the watch costs much under $1k, buy the gen...

Welcome to RWG!

houndoggie
So I'm not sure whether or not it is a quartz piece and whether there would be a decent replica? The Suunto Core in Steel?

I saw it at a store the other day, kicking myself for not asking questions, but I think that is because it was a seemingly cheap(er) watch? But it is still over $500.

Either way though, pretty cool watch, big ol' fat face. It is a digital watch, must be quartz, right? But I think for me, since my brain injury I've been interested in these digital type watches. I need alarms, if not several alarms, my timex is pretty sweet already, but Ima watch lover.

Mike

www.weluvmike.com

Mike,

I had a Suunto Core in rubber awhile back. I bought it used for less than $200. It was pretty cool... but I didn't need any of the functions. I wouldn't recommend it unless you are a serious outdoorsman. It's quartz.

fakemaster

Suuntos are cheap. Great quartz watch. Stilll have the one from my service days. 10 years old and runs like a champ.

trailboss99

Top watch if you need/want a digi.

They make some of the best compasses in the biz too.

Col.

Blacksheep

I wore a Suunto Vector through 3 tours in Afghanistan with only a battery change. Stood up to 120+ degree heat and bone chilling cold. The altimeter alarms worked great when you were taking altitude sickness medications and I used the electronic compass almost daily to line my portable SATCOM antenna up on the right azimuth to hit some of the low orbiting birds when we were on the move. Plus its like a fucking pie plate on your arm and looks badass....lol

Oh, and mine had 3 time alarms that you could set.

Edited by Blacksheep