Black Diamond

Show Us Your Watch Boxes

Black Diamond

As my collection increases, 7 currently with another 3 on the way, I'm looking into what sort of watch box to purchaayz.

I'm not particularly feeling the wooden box or glass top route as I feel it's a little too old school for my taste so I have been looking at funky alternatives.

Pelican cases to be more precise. If you have not heard about Pelican cases they are hard ABS shell boxes or cases with foam inners, they are watertight, impact resistant and lockable. Generally these type of cases are suited to carrying any type of fragile or expensive equipment, so watches are just purrrfect.

I've been looking at the 1470 setup as per this link - http://wornandwound.com/2012/03/19/diy-pelican-watch-case/

DIY-Pelican-Watch-Case-Gear-Patrol-Lead-Full.jpg

I'd be interested to see what you guys are using to keep your watches nice and snug.

bowtiefanatc

null_zps959e53a2.jpg

Another 10 spaces in the drawer below the top

skin_oi_skin

It's wood and has a glass top. But it's repurposed wood from detroit and is just so damn beautiful I wouldn't trade it for the world or a jlc navy seals diver.

EF7004C2-02FB-4CE0-85AD-8E734D6C395F-4897-0000030B4E9268F3.jpg. Also I forgot to post it. Damn you crown royal.

James.

I have the same set up as per the OP pelican photo. Pics are around somewhere, probably in one of the links in my sig

HeavyKrush

Missing my wife's Omega...

null_zps4f548f12.jpg

TheSav

My new Rainer box arrived Friday. I'll post more pics and thoughts when I have time during the week.

5b1a038f-fea4-48f2-b0b2-ac540c3d2e46_zpscaf3048c.jpg

yawn
2v0g3h3.jpg

greg_r

Shot is a little out of date, but this is the larger of my two watchboxes. There's also a lower drawer, which is used by my wife. Total capacity is 40 watches.

watchbox1 dec 2012.JPG

I also have a basic 10-capacity Acetimer box with a glass top that holds my 47mm PAMs. Note the vintage TV under it - I expect to get a fortune for that on RG... :giggle:

pam box dec 12.jpeg

Martinjogs

Old-school Hillwood box for me. Picked up cheap on FleaBay.

null_zpsd7e102c7.jpg

poisiklutt

I vector designed it myself and then it was laser cut and clued in a laser-studio. The drilling and installing hinges I did myself. My fiance Anni did the pendant. I wanted something very airy and transparent. Let's be honest, watches are for viewing, even if they are in the box! Plexiglas is soft enough material not to scratch the timepieces!

Did the box knowingly with twenty-five slots, because, after all, important is quality not quantity. If I want a new watch, I have to sell on off a before new purchase! Never more then 25! That number works out well for me and then all the watches get enough wrist time!

If you want to view it bigger click here: http://nagi.ee/photos/photo_sizes.php?id=22454600&size=o

All my watches are here! http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=49811&hl=&fromsearch=1

22454600fa18a7_l.jpg

jeffw69

Old pic from maybe a year ago. Got it on Amazon, see thru top, 10 wide slots with cushion on top and a drawer with wide slots and cushions on the bottom:

870079A7-14F4-4356-8640-5274583B7C6D-9124-0000043A83B48966_zpsc0cd64e5.jpg

833449B5-D4D5-465F-B735-9A7184FA6E64-9124-0000043A89DCD891_zps89439325.jpg

Cool wooden box handmade by Donerix on the right and a 2-watch travel case which was a gift from Toro:

7EBE67B8-C2C9-47D3-99FD-1B35A86A5CB1-9124-0000043A7D94473D_zpsa29067d1.jpg

Kleen™

Greg, I wan't you to clear your mind of everything else and focus very closely on the following message. Do not be alarmed, as it will all be good. Relax. Take a deep breath. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. You're going deeper. Deeeper and deeper. Deeper still. Inhale. Exhale. Now...

"Seeeeeeellll me your Fiddyyy.."

Thank you for your cooperation!

baxter

rainers for me - old shot a few missing now :(

IMG_3565_zps5a909ff3.jpg

greg_r

"Seeeeeeellll me your Fiddyyy.."

Which one? There are two in that shot.... :Whistle:

... .and sorry, but no ;)

poisiklutt

rainers for me - old shot a few missing now :(

IMG_3565_zps5a909ff3.jpg

WTF? Ignorance is a bliss :(

kasper618

A pair of amazon specials. I'm really liking that rainer box one post above!!

pams_zps53414b62.png

Thiepac

beautiful watches and boxes, y'all!

masmannan

I just got my Rainer 6 watch version. 6 so I don't go crazy. A closed box, so my wife doesn't see my secret. The box is beautiful.

scorpion

I have a wooden 10x watch box but prefer a more modern look and bought this 18x aluminium one.

Watch collection June 2013 (Large).jpg

Black Diamond
I vector designed it myself and then it was laser cut and clued in a laser-studio. The drilling and installing hinges I did myself. My fiance Anni did the pendant. I wanted something very airy and transparent. Let's be honest, watches are for viewing, even if they are in the box! Plexiglas is soft enough material not to scratch the timepieces!

Did the box knowingly with twenty-five slots, because, after all, important is quality not quantity. If I want a new watch, I have to sell on off a before new purchase! Never more then 25! That number works out well for me and then all the watches get enough wrist time!

If you want to view it bigger click here: http://nagi.ee/photos/photo_sizes.php?id=22454600&size=o

All my watches are here! http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=49811&hl=&fromsearch=1

22454600fa18a7_l.jpg

That is awesome! Very unique and really quite something!

Some fabulous boxes & collections there fellas :)

God damn Baxter! My wife is questioning why I have/need so many watches haha!!

Edited by Black Diamond

HeavyKrush
My new Rainer box arrived Friday. I'll post more pics and thoughts when I have time during the week.

5b1a038f-fea4-48f2-b0b2-ac540c3d2e46_zpscaf3048c.jpg

Need to get a decent strap for that SOH mate.

Stuvetjee

Too bad burglers broke into my house.. otherwise i had many to show:(. Still hurts when i think back of that day... Just make sure that you keep your babies safe people!:)

alexjustdoit

Too bad burglers broke into my house.. otherwise i had many to show:(. Still hurts when i think back of that day... Just make sure that you keep your babies safe people! :)

Wonder what they'll think when they try to pawn them or take them to an AD and find that they're all high quality replicas :giggle:

Still, sorry for your loss.

P4GTR

28 slot watch box. This is actually a shot glass display cabinet.. I made a thread about it somewhere if you want to make something similar.

The glass door is open in the pic, but you get the idea...

IMG_6763_zps75bb79de.jpg

TheSav
Need to get a decent strap for that SOH mate.

Yeah, can you recommend anyone capable?