Sign in to follow this  
sms

Question about losing time

sms

I recently picked up a no date sub, A21j, though I'm pretty sure it has the date function under the face. On my winder that goes in both directions it keeps good time. Laying flat not on winder it loses more than an hour in 12 hours. On winder in one direction only, and I forget which right now, it loses 15 minutes in 12 hours. On my wrist and active during the day it does pretty well, but if I wear it to bed it loses 15 minutes or more before morning.

My question is in general terms, does this sound like a regulation problem or something requiring repairs?

WARBOT

I'm no expert by any stretch but you could have the movement serviced and regulated and then see where your at.

If your still losing that amount of time after doing the above then you might want to look for a movement swap.

Hope that helps

jerkstore

Not sure about the problem, but a 21j movement (~$30) is so cheap that you should just replace it. Don't get it serviced. That way, you can wear the watch.

Now, if you still want to understand the problem, keep the old movement, buy some tools, read up and take a crack. No guarantees you fix it, but it will be fun.

scorpion

I find the largest loss of time is joining this forum - hours just get lost. Might be a bit of dust or a magic pube in the movement, if it was mine i would open it up and see if anything drops out, or give it a blast of air from a camera blower or a aerosol can but don't go too mad!

Jase

Missing time?

Hill03.jpeg

Sorry :boxedin: