Sign in to follow this  
charlesanderika

A (hopefully different) question on the A7750 movement

charlesanderika

Ok, so I finally bit the bullet and bought a chrono rep with the 7750 movement from one of our TD's.

Through the great (and many) posts on the forum regarding this movement I have now got a pretty good understanding of what to (and not to) do with this.

I'm not too bothered about using the chrono functions given the possible risk of it failing, but I do find it a bit dull having the large second, minute and 1/2 hr sub dials all sitting at 12 o clock.

So I ran the chrono for a while and stopped the second hand at the 12 marker, this left the sub dials at their 'in use' position.

So my question is ..as I have not reset the chrono does this put any additional strain on the movement, or is it fine to leave it set at this position.

I'd be grateful for any help you can give as I could not find an answer through the existing posts - though to be fair I probably got a bit 7750 blinded my the number of them out there :)

By the way here is a photo of the watch I bought, its a Porsche Design Flat Six, and I have to say its an awesome looking rep and much better in real life that either my crappy photo or the photo on the TDs site.

9089140469_c4019232c9.jpg

TheInthusiest

From the watches that i had using that movement. It all went ok and lasted me a quite a long time.

As long as you are using the chrono correctly, there should be no problems. (Start chrono, stop chrono, and reset.) in that order. It should be a-okay.

The best thing to do to make sure nothing goes wrong. Is to reset it to keep the watch in good working order.

Del

I can't think why this would harm the movement in any way.

Not having the sub dials reset though would annoy the hell out of me though! :lol:

dalboy

The self destruct issue comes in to play when you repeatedly use the chrono's..having said that i have 7750's that have been used quite often ..chronos too.no probs.

Leaving them in the unset position wont pose any problems.though i agree with Del..." it would drive me nuts "....O.C.D. :giggle:

Dal.

charlesanderika

Great, thanks for your feedback guys!