Sign in to follow this  
LightGeek

Cartier Santos, Budget Edition

LightGeek

This is the Toro special. Feels ok but had to do a lot of work to sand/round off the sharp edges on the deployant. This is a common theme on cheapies. Overall, I like this watch and it's a good size for small wrist. I may go with a higher grade version.

jegamyha.jpg

qu5ybuhe.jpg

vasymequ.jpg

TheSav

Wow that was some review LG :P

HeavyKrush

Heh heh... More pics, less words.

That strap has got to go light. After I finish Chris' strap gonna take a shot a using the rep lug ends on a few pieces of gator.

TheSav

Could you make your own lug inserts Greg?

LightGeek
Heh heh... More pics, less words.

That strap has got to go light. After I finish Chris' strap gonna take a shot a using the rep lug ends on a few pieces of gator.

I'll be interested to see what you can come up with. As a cheapie, the strap is actually ok. If this was a $300 rep then it would be a totally different review.

LightGeek
unuda8ag.jpg

myaz

Looks just as good as the more expensive version. If it runs fine, just save the money, no?

LightGeek

First issue heh. Better loctite all these guys...

e3e6ujyj.jpg

LightGeek

Funny that. Only 1 of the 8 case back screws was even remotely tight

Guyute

Got mine, but haven't worn it yet. Need to buy some Loc-tite and hit all those screws first. Red or blue? I can't remember. :lol:

LightGeek
Got mine, but haven't worn it yet. Need to buy some Loc-tite and hit all those screws first. Red or blue? I can't remember. :lol:

Blue if you ever want to get them off again.

HeavyKrush
Could you make your own lug inserts Greg?
wouldn't even know where to begin.

Guyute

Sonofa! Went to do the Loc-tite thing and one of the caseback screws is already gone! WTF? I haven't even worn the watch yet. :(

I can't even begin to figure out where the heck I'm going to get a replacement...will have to check the bag it came in and cross my fingers that it's in there.

Update: No joy.

LightGeek
Sonofa! Went to do the Loc-tite thing and one of the caseback screws is already gone! WTF? I haven't even worn the watch yet. :(

I can't even begin to figure out where the heck I'm going to get a replacement...will have to check the bag it came in and cross my fingers that it's in there.

Rule 1 of rep ownership, tighten all screws on arrival.

Guyute

I know...I just didn't figure that they'd fall out that quickly...planned to tighten before actually wearing it!. When I tightened all the others, only one was loose. Hopefully, next order I place, I can just ask them to send me some extra screws as it seems that they aren't standard screws that just any watchsmith is going to have in stock.

wingnut121

did you notice some of the screws where shorter than the others? just in case one went in the wrong hole?

Also to counter act the cheap looking blue gem...... black sharpie..... colour in the gem with a black sharpie and it looks a lot better, i dont have time to upload pics but will do so in due course.

Guyute

I have been able to source replacements from several TD's, so it shouldn't be an issue. I'll just have extras in case it happens again.

waynacove

Looking good, around how much did you spend on that? I better check it out.

BentleySharp

Well it looks great. I've been wanting a Santos for a while now. Just another watch in my perpetually increasing list of stuff i don't need but can't live without. :)

You said this is the "Budget Edition". If that's the case, how much is he asking for it?

deathnote

What's the difference between this one and the $400 version other than the movement ??

Well it looks great. I've been wanting a Santos for a while now. Just another watch in my perpetually increasing list of stuff i don't need but can't live without. :)

You said this is the "Budget Edition". If that's the case, how much is he asking for it?

$278 for this, $438 for other one

calb

I purchased this watch from Toro as well.

He had a special for $148 for it. Incredible deal for that price, and I've been extremely happy with the purchase.

You're right about the screws. Some of mine were pretty loose.