Sign in to follow this  
Jase

Calibre 16 day/date (quartz)

Jase

Like our resident Tag aficionado SSteel, I'm a lover of Tags and have been for a long time.

Years and years ago when I was an apprentice, I found a link model on the bus on my way to work and after handing it over to the police, it never got claimed and I got it back.

Loved that watch until some low life pond scum stole it when they broke into my house years later.

Anyway,

Got this recently from Silix as a test drive for the 7750 version. If I like that, I may buy the gen later this year.

Impressed to say the least. What a great looking watch with a fab dial. Day and date line up nice, dial markers are near enough spot on. Like it lots.

It's running a Miyota quartz chrono movement, I only know this as I had to open her up cos of a couple of issues.

It had a few hairs floating around the dial and I noticed straight away what seemed to be some sort of ghosting reflections of the dial on the underside of the crystal.

Case back off, stem out (more on that later), movement ring out and then the movement itself.

Removed hairs and other dust on the dial face and a fingerprint on the '1' of the 15 marker with some rodico, then looked at the inner surface of the crystal.

Very dirty. Those little anti-static cloths you get with phone screen protectors come in handy for stuff like this. Little bit of IPA on a cloth then polished up nicely. Amazing the black dirt that came off.

Back to the movement. It states 'push' and shows an arrow to point to the place to push the small pin for stem removal. A good long hard look for it resulted in nothing. x10 loupe and I still couldn't see it. Hmmm? was only when I pushed the stem back in from being out at hand adjust position did the little bugger show itself. So if you come across this in the future, remember the stem release pin hides if the stem is pulled out to time adjust position.

All cleaned up and put back together and what a difference. The crystal gleams now and the blue AR has come to life.

Sorry, no photos during the process as I'm really lucky just to get the time to mess, what with a heavy work load and a little family.

A nice little work related profit share winging it's way next week, so the 7750 version will be getting ordered.

Difference in the quartz over the auto as far as I can make out, is the sub dials are swapped round into different positions to mate with the quartz movement and under the sub dial at 9, it states 'certified' instead of 'automatic' in red.

I also noticed that the Tachymetre text is in red instead of the white of the gen and rep 7750 versions. Doesn't bother me.

All in all, very impressed for $128 to my door.

Some pics (I'm no photographer, but I tried)

9107889532_8ee98c5bc1_c.jpg

9107905090_1a63c0fcbe_c.jpg

9105657017_444f9250d9_c.jpg

9105665553_8b9dd75f88_c.jpg

9105671935_7ac089be22_c.jpg

9105650483_de529f3747_c.jpg

9105662489_42fd4a3701_c.jpg

Sunny Puddi

Very nice piece, looks great on the wrist.

scorpion

Yep these are great , mine says hello to its brother!

Tag%204%20(Large).jpg

Pharmo

Great looking watch, well done!

Ive just recently got my 41mm carerra chrono and love it. Might also get one these as well!

Enjo it mate

Jase

Thanks for the replies gents.

They are an awesome looking watch and cracking quality for the money.

@ Scorp, if I tried to get a shot like that, it'd end up looking like the current pictures of Singapore head%20bash.gif

Kudos man, great photo skills.

scorpion

Thanks for the replies gents.

They are an awesome looking watch and cracking quality for the money.

@ Scorp, if I tried to get a shot like that, it'd end up looking like the current pictures of Singapore head%20bash.gif

Kudos man, great photo skills.

I can go in closer but then a few flaws appear. The tag logo looks superb to naked eye and even zoomed in seems perfect but go right in and you see its got a slight fault on the A. Still unless people whip out a 20x loupe they will never know, and gen may even be same or worse!

Tag%202%20(Large).JPG

Jase

:ninja: :blink: :ninja:

I'm surrounded by photo ninjas :D

rocky4691

You did a great day with the pictures and that Tag is a beauty.

ShovelnTC

Really nice watch.

Arnitom

I bought one exactly like yours in Turkey, last May, except the dial has the carbon look. I haven't been able to find another like it on the web though.

I'm really happy with it, and wore it almost every day for a year. It's still looking great, although I'm thinking of replacing it with a rubber strap soon :)

Congrats!

Jase

Yes, that's the one from Silix.

Michele noted the red Tachymetre text when she sent the GC pics and said she could hunt for the white one, but I kinda like the red and told her to ship it.

Goes with the red band on the chrono pusher.

This and the recently purchased Link Calibre 16 are the current wear everyday watches for work.

Another thing I've noticed that's way off from the gen (which I'm not bothered about) is the day wheel text for Sunday is in red. Why? dunno, but I kinda like that too.

Love them.

Duzza

These are great value. Its a shame they had to squash the second dial at 3 oclock in to the middle of the face though.

I think the red Tachy bezel is from the F1 edition, probably why they chucked the red sunday in too, GP's happen on Sundays :)

Edited by Duzza