Sign in to follow this  
mysterio

New PAM372 (well, actually two)

mysterio

The PAM372 replica that I know PAM junkies have been waiting for has finally been released. And in an unusual but not surprising twist, two different makers have released it. One from puretime, who is not a TD here but is on sister forum RWI and another from H-factory released through Perfect Clones (surprise, surprise :D ).

The main differences so far is the cannon pin (which is unfortunately incorrect on the puretime version with the gold one) and a slight cosmetic difference in the decorative plate on the back of the movement which is supposed to be a P.3000. Most of the other details cannot be definitively confirmed without samples on hand to compare.

The pictures on puretime are more detailed than on Perfect Clones so I'm using them.

PAM-2013-06-22-01-02_enl.jpg

PAM-2013-06-22-01-03_enl.jpg

PAM-2013-06-22-01-04_enl.jpg

PAM-2013-06-22-01-05_enl.jpg

PAM-2013-06-22-01-06_enl.jpg

PAM-2013-06-22-01-07_enl.jpg

PAM-2013-06-22-01-08_enl.jpg

PAM-2013-06-22-01-09_enl.jpg

PAM-2013-06-22-01-10_enl.jpg

PAM-2013-06-22-01-10_enl.jpg

PAM-2013-06-22-01-11_enl.jpg

PAM-2013-06-22-01-12_enl.jpg

PAM-2013-06-22-01-13_enl.jpg

PAM-2013-06-22-01-14_enl.jpg

PAM-2013-06-22-01-15_enl.jpg

PAM-2013-06-22-01-16_enl.jpg

PAM-2013-06-22-01-17_enl.jpg

PAM-2013-06-22-01-18_enl.jpg

These are the images detailing the differences I mentioned:

SS cannon pin

4.jpg

Different (though still inaccurate) movement plate

7.jpg

Well it's not really different but Perfect Clones offers more than one strap option:

6.jpg

Gen picture in comparison, the third strap from PC looks similar to the gen strap.

31c3.jpg

Minor niggles aside (we weren't expecting an in-house movement would be replicated) all in all, it's a rather good first showing for the maker that did this for puretime and the H-factory. For puretime's maker this attempt sets the tone for the other rep in the pipeline which is the PAM399.

Your thoughts? :)

Edited by mysterio

TheSav

Um, post fail!

Gbkirsch

I can't see any pics??

Xebryus

Luckily I did my research and saw the 2 listings before reading this thread. I didn't know there were 2 different factory version out though. Seems at though Puretime is listing is as an N-Fac 372. Thanks for the clarification about the 2 factories. I'll see if my TD of choice can get a hold of the H-Fac version, because the pictures Perfect Clones put up look a little more appealing to me.

mysterio

Um, post fail!

Not really. :lol: Not my first time to post pics but for some reason the pics didn't show on my first attempt. Fixed now.

@Xeb, actually there is a third picture which looks like the H-fac version but the plates at least look decent in that the plates are evenly spaced and in the same plane, from etatw2001, but not a TD here nor on RWI.

bruno7

Finally! :-)

Looking quite good, I'm gonna wait for somebody to test it. If it's good, it's my next watch then.

Thanks for the post!

Martin72

Yeah just spotted this on the PC website today, as good as you probably can reasonably expect, still going to wait on a Fiddy though ;)

JohnPilot

Both seem to me beeing great reps, but the movement is a joke. Closed back it cries.

dsc2193s.jpg

dsc2173s.jpg

dsc1896s.jpg

greg_r

:picard2:

PURETIME IS NOT A MAKER FFS!!!!!

They're just another dealer (one who is not trusted here). They source their watches from the SAME PLACE AS EVERYONE ELSE!

Looks like both noob and H-fact have produced this model (not unusual). Other dealers will be able to source the same versions.

Higs

For puretime's maker this attempt sets the tone for the other rep in the pipeline which is the PAM399.

My thoughts are that I'm waiting to see the 399.

Higs

Seems at though Puretime is listing is as an N-Fac 372.

Looks like both noob and H-fact have produced this model (not unusual). Other dealers will be able to source the same versions.

It's on Puretime as "372 N" where N is the year serial, not 'noob'

According to Angus on RepGeek, the Puretime one is from 'another' maker, not noob. I know the definitions of makers/factories are a bit 'fluid' but, if it was from noob, I imagine he'd be keen to promote it as such.

There's also a 'Lite' version of the 372 on the Puretime site that now looks like spectacularly poor value with printed (rather than engraved) dial at only $20 less than the 'other' maker one and $40 less than h-fact.

Del

I like this a lot but think I`d prefer a 399. :)

deja123

Ordered at Andrew and will get QC Pics soon :-)

LeandroBR

Just ordered mine from Josh. If you haven't seen it, he just posted a video of it here

http://www.p-cls.com...me-p-14409.html

Looking gooood !! thanks for the link mate !

Sbybbuser

The version angus/puretime carries aren't fromm N-factory.

The noob version are still in progress.

Angus did say that he supplied the N-factory with the gen 372. So the quality supposedly will be better than these two.

But you have to wait, and dont know for how long

ebzen02

Ordered me one.. BTW, the "noob" has not released one as of yet. Don't think they would release one with that movement. That said, I went with the "h-factory" one because of one small difference.. The canon pin being SS.. Guess you pay $20 more for that one :)

ebzen02

Also, for those waiting for the 399.. Don't expect it to look anything like the gen.. so far, they used a 372 to rep it.. and that is completely wrong. the mid case is nothing like the 372.. damn thing is almost half the thickness.

PeteM

Josh just posted close up of H makers dial

y7g5_zps94418a02.jpg

Here is close up of Angus' pics of 3 series makers

PAM-2013-06-22-01-04_enl_zps63946165.jpg

Here is gen

00019079_zpsb58fceb0.jpg

;) ;)

Winemaker

H-factory is the clear winner here. Movement does not matter to me as I am never asked to take my watch off. Ordered from Josh

Prancuzas

People at RWI also give more props to H-fac on this one

ATEspo

IMO the dial engraving "Luminor Panerai" looks better on the "Angus/Puretime" version...

Sucks because I just ordered 2 372's from the h-fac...

Once again, looks like a mash-up from both watches will be a winner.

Winemaker

Someone said the "O" I'm PT was incorrect and PC's was better. I think that I agree and am glad that I choose H Fact 372. To me the dial texture looks the closest also.

Starre71

Ordered from Josh

James.

I feel very let down by these. Maybe because the 372 has fallen out of my favor, or because I can't believe its taken so damn long to rep such a simple watch and its still not been done right, for me its an anticlimax. I may be tempted to pick one up just for shits n giggles, but for mine the 127 and 217N are still the go to for out of the box 47mm postV Panerai :(