Sign in to follow this  
AndyBlue

Help need DOA PAM 127 6497 handwind.

AndyBlue

Hi,

Received today but unfortunately DOA, have wound, but nothing. Can't see anything floating around. Have given the sucker a tap, still nothing.

Member I bought it from is a top bloke, I have decided to keep hold of it to see if I can fix or anyone can help.

Took a few quick pics, not great. But any help would be appreciated as I love the watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

AndyBlue

u9anyde6.jpg

uju8yqeb.jpg

ujerumad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Hazz

Have you taken caseback off, and checked to see if balance wheel can move freely

RichardMiami

very silly detail, but have you checked to see if the crown is in the right position? Sometimes these guys can float around a bit. Pull it out to adjust the hands, then push it in again to see if it "clicks" into position, then give it a wind.

Just closing the CG lever might not leave the crown properly seated.

AndyBlue

Have you taken caseback off, and checked to see if balance wheel can move freely

To be honest I haven't taken the caseback off, I don't have the tools/knowledge plus i'm in work. Will hopefully do this, this eve. I suspect something is jamming the balance wheel but not sure what.

very silly detail, but have you checked to see if the crown is in the right position? Sometimes these guys can float around a bit. Pull it out to adjust the hands, then push it in again to see if it "clicks" into position, then give it a wind.

Just closing the CG lever might not leave the crown properly seated.

Thanks Richard, I will try that also.

greg_r

Hope you didn't pay too much for that, Andy - the movement is completely incorrect for a Fiddy - it should look like this:

Fiddy_U_mvt.JPG

Hope you get it working!

AndyBlue

Cheers Greg, only a mid range cheapie. Bought it for the look rather than the movt.

greg_r

Fair enough then. If worst comes to worst, a movement swap won't cost you a lot - you can pick up an unstickered 6497 for around $55-60ish

AndyBlue

Fair enough then. If worst comes to worst, a movement swap won't cost you a lot - you can pick up an unstickered 6497 for around $55-60ish

Cheers greg!

SSTEEL

Where you located Andy? Knowing this, we can recommend someone local to maybe fix it for you.

AndyBlue

Where you located Andy? Knowing this, we can recommend someone local to maybe fix it for you.

I'm in the UK mate, Merseyside.

Higs

Cheers Greg, only a mid range cheapie. Bought it for the look rather than the movt.

The caseback also intrigues me....

• 'Composite'? (looks steel to me)
  • N series for year
  • OP6834? (struggling to read it from pics) but isn't OP6834 a different case?

Higs

Mike Broster in Macclesfield is reasonably close if you fancy a drive over to the Peak District one sunny afternoon.

AndyBlue

The caseback also intrigues me....

• 'Composite'? (looks steel to me)
  • N series for year
  • OP6834? (struggling to read it from pics) but isn't OP6834 a different case?

OP6834

To be fair I know its not accurate.

AndyBlue

Mike Broster in Macclesfield is reasonably close if you fancy a drive over to the Peak District one sunny afternoon.

Cheers Higs, Mike Broster could be a good shout.

Hopefully I can pop the back off this thing tonight and have a look.

AndyBlue

Could this be a solution.

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=13729

I used this on a DOA 6497 and it worked a treat *knocks on wood*

Here's hoping!

Indigo38

Could this be a solution.

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=13729

I used this on a DOA 6497 and it worked a treat *knocks on wood*

Here's hoping!

I used the finest screwdriver I had and gently jiggled the escapement gear

The balance should start to swing faster and faster until it gets up to speed

Mine stopped after 15 minutes so i tried it again and its been running strong for about a month :)

AndyBlue

Well I shall be trying the above method when I get home, Hopefully the back will come off easily pretty sure I have duct tape or similar knocking about.

AndyBlue

Right, so last night I constructed my own sticky ball, from duct tape and a tennis ball.

Got the back off and identified the cog to 'help it on its way'... NOWT, NOTHING, F All! BOLLOCKs!

So seems the backs off and I have already been poking around, I started to disassemble the thing, cleaned and removed dirt and oiled.

SO tonight I will attempt to put things back together...

DG335

Oh geez..good luck mate. I have another 6497 mech coming so when it arrives ill give you a shout :-)

AndyBlue

Oh geez..good luck mate. I have another 6497 mech coming so when it arrives ill give you a shout :-)

No bother mate, I'm weirdly enjoying myself. Reminds me of my airfix planes as a kid.

I'm determined this little beauty will work and if not... I might learn something.

Cheers Dunc.

SSTEEL

No bother mate, I'm weirdly enjoying myself. Reminds me of my airfix planes as a kid.

I'm determined this little beauty will work and if not... I might learn something.

Cheers Dunc.

Thats the spirt mate :)