Sign in to follow this  
AndyBlue

Help need DOA PAM 127 6497 handwind.

umecha

Right, so last night I constructed my own sticky ball, from duct tape and a tennis ball.

Got the back off and identified the cog to 'help it on its way'... NOWT, NOTHING, F All! BOLLOCKs!

So seems the backs off and I have already been poking around, I started to disassemble the thing, cleaned and removed dirt and oiled.

SO tonight I will attempt to put things back together...

It might that the mainspring isn't doing its job for some reason, or there's something stuck in the train before the escapement. Are all the case clamps and screws in their place? they seem to be a common culprit for jamming movements. And does the watch wind like normal?

Did you let down the mainspring before dismantling? I assume you took some of the plates off of the movement? You've always got to be careful to let the mainspring down fully (either by letting the watch run, or carefully holding the crown and moving the little pawl from the ratchet wheel) otherwise, when you come to remove any plates, there's a good chance parts will go flying into the ether/carpet never to be seen again!

AndyBlue

Ha ha fucking fixed it!

u2y4e3en.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

umecha

Ha ha fucking fixed it!

u2y4e3en.jpg

Nice one! did you find out what the problem was?

AndyBlue

Mis aligned movt, dirt and other muck!

I'm just made up I have fixed it.

SSTEEL

Well done Andy mate, I can only imagine how chuffed you are, theres nothing more rewarding than fixing a watch you like/love by yourself.

Congrats :)

Edited by SSTEEL

Abagnale

respect!

cheers

AndyBlue

Well done Andy mate, I can only imagine how chuffed you are, theres nothing more rewarding than fixing a watch you like/love by yourself.

Congrats :)

Cheers, Learnt alot about 6497 movt during this venture. It basically wasn't winding due to the misalignment, so took it apart, shat myself then put back together!

onionbag
shat myself then put back together!

:clap:

Good jobby Andy, well done.

DG335

Excellent news...

AndyBlue

Cheers guys, real stressful and it may not last but a nice feeling non the less.

Now i need a decent strap!

AndyBlue

So its still going, but alas another issue has occured. Walking to work this morning and noticed fogging inside the crystal. Only small approx 2-4mm in diameter. I fear some moisture has entered the case during my DIY session.

So, as I am in work at the mo I cant do anything. But my plan is to, remove the caseback, place it on a towel and put the Mrs hairdryer on low for five mins, leave for 20mins then repeat and re seal?

If this fails off to the rice bag.

Any other suggestions?

AndyBlue

The fog has lifted.

fatarms

I did the hairdryer thing once for a Seawolf, but you have to be careful on how long you do it for, it has a risk of drying the lubricating oils on the jewels. Glad to hear you got everything sorted on this :D