Sign in to follow this  
molliFWM

Why that "UK only" thing in m2m?

Del

I don't see the problem. Many sellers state CONUS only, EU only or UK only - mainly to reduce customs and import duty risks. There is quite often a speed advantage too as next day delivery is normally available within the same country, plus reduced shipping costs.

I quite often restrict my sales to UK and EU for those reasons. :)

Khronos

UK only has absolutely nothing to do with CONUS only, let's not mix things. Members from the UK could include EU with no problem at all, because there are no customs within the EU zone-that's the way the triangular shipping works too ( China-UK-problematic EU country). And shipping is also very cheap, but you can hang that on the buyer too if he insists on buying the watch. I've shipped watches to the US and Australia and the shipping was nearly the same as within EU, so no issue there. CONUS to EU or other parts of the world is another story, there are customs included in the picture, so that changes the whole deal. Payment is another story, but then again no problem if Paypal is used. Just pick the buyer carefully, pack the watch properly and you're good to go..

edwinowl

+1 Del. sometimes it's just easier if a UK buyer is available. However I've seen stuff I fancy in conus and shot seller a PM (when they have stated conus only) and they're more than happy to deal. All about communication, simples.

twofake
There's plenty of people who post items CONUS only, no one has a go at them! Sometimes they're things I really like, but I'm not CONUS so I can't have them, simples, I don't throw a sh*t-fit about it!

I have had to buy Conus only items and have them sent to my Uncle to send them to me.

Last item arrived DOA but I am not going to leave negative feedback as that was my risk.

Same goes for all rep risks on M2M I think ( except for dodgy sellers which I have not yet found... Fingers crossed).

DC

It's not just UK sellers Conus sellers on all 4 sites regularly sell to Conus only.

Selling with in your own area cuts out many risks to the buyer.

I think it seems that there are more M2M bargains in Conus only sales but maybe that is just what I have seen since I joined RWG or maybe they are the reps I liked the most.

Col

+1 Del. sometimes it's just easier if a UK buyer is available. However I've seen stuff I fancy in conus and shot seller a PM (when they have stated conus only) and they're more than happy to deal. All about communication, simples.
Think there's always a customs risk, when shipping abroad to any country.

On saying that I've shipped to EU and Australia with no issues.

Good for you sending to other countries especially Australia which I think is safe for the buyer and seller as long as it is marked something like broken watch or watch for repair.

Sakurai

I've bought a number of great M2M watches that were 'UK only' or 'CONUS only'. It probably helps if you ask kindly, don't haggle, have a good track record etc and don't get upset if the seller wants to wait a while to see if he can get a local deal. Thinking about it, around half of my M2M watches were meant to be Conus/UK only - I definitely understand that one may prefer to sell local, but so far no one chopped my head off for making a kind offer anyway.

digital_sound

I think most of them will ship within Europe if you add the extra shipping costs + accept risks. I don't think there's much custom control... Open borders and all.

So true because I'm an "Expat" living and working in Germany (on one of the US Military Bases) - and I have the BEST of both worlds, being that I have an APO mailbox on the Base, I can except packages from the US with no extra cost, and if I'm doing business with someone from the EU - well, its just as easy because the mail is sent to my German address on the German Economy.

digital_sound

It's not just UK sellers Conus sellers on all 4 sites regularly sell to Conus only.

Selling with in your own area cuts out many risks to the buyer.

Col

But also, what I've noticed is, it really depend on the "Region" also... for instance, I use to deal with this other Rep (not known on this website) that use to send my orders via Fed Ex (directly from China), and never had any problem with Customs whatsoever - and I'm willing to bet that it has a lot to do with the fact that the city I live in here in Germany is a very small city that Customs wouldn't waste time on screening every package coming in!

Sakurai

I think most of them will ship within Europe if you add the extra shipping costs + accept risks. I don't think there's much custom control... Open borders and all.

So true because I'm an "Expat" living and working in Germany (on one of the US Military Bases) - and I have the BEST of both worlds, being that I have an APO mailbox on the Base, I can except packages from the US with no extra cost, and if I'm doing business with someone from the EU - well, its just as easy because the mail is sent to my German address on the German Economy.

Awesome, you're a lucky guy - how I would love to be able to buy at american prices in EU.

Thanks for keeping us safe as well.

Realism

world war 3?