Sign in to follow this  
ganemedes

Hublot V6 Ceramic Titanium

ganemedes

Hi Everyone this is my very first post here. I've been following the blog for a couple of weeks reading up on stuff...

Finally decided to pull the trigger on a V6 black ceramic / titanium from Andrew at TrustyT. It's been about two weeks since I've had the watch and no major problems to report yet - may need to service the movement though.

Andrew was a pleasure to work with. Responded to every email I sent to him within 24hrs, provided QC pics and shipped the watch promptly and very nicely packed.

The watch has no visual blemishes to speak of, looks great and feels great. The engravings in the back match very closely to those of the original (at least I have a hard time telling the difference). I have two questions for the experts here and please bear with me as I am really new to this:

1) The top chronograph button that engages the seconds requires more force for it to be pressed fully when compared with the bottom button that resets the chrono. It's just harder to press but works fine nonetheless. Anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening (i've had the watch waterproofed to 50m if this makes any difference)?

2) I find that the watch will stop unless I manually wind it 3-4 times a day. I wear it everyday but my job is for the most part sedentary (office desk job) and i don't move a whole lot. What are my options specifically with this watch? Is there anything I could do to make the existing A7750 mechanism more sensitive to my movements and/or increase the power reserve?

At work right now but will post some pics very soon.

I really appreciate any help you guys could provide!

Thank you so much!

M.

alexjustdoit

Power reserve might be a dud, Im sitting at a desk most of the day as well my, but my movements stay powered just from me shifting positions and moving things on my desk (i guess the occasional wrist flick to slide the watch down my wrist helps though)

Not that Im the most knowledgeable on this, but you might require a service or a new movement to fix that power reserve issue.

Edited by alexjustdoit