Sign in to follow this  
Lev

Raymond Weil Women's watch

Lev

So the girlfriend and I were at the South End's vintage market last Sunday and came upon a woman who sells vintage clothing from the 50s and 60s. Now because my girlfriend knows how much I love watches, she has come to appreciate them as well, most recently saying that she was thinking of getting a nice basic watch for herself. While searching through all the things this woman had, I came across a little watch collection. The one that stood out was a Raymond Weil quartz watch ca. 1950s in great condition. I asked the seller how much and she said it was 200. I don't know much about vintage watches and I'm not familiar with RW, aside from knowing that it's a reputable brand. We will probably go again sometime and see if I can haggle the price down a bit. Is 200 too much? Too little? Good deal (after haggling as well)

watch looks a bit like this but older, simpler and a bit archaic. Also it was gold and the gold was real too as far as i could tell.

5396-STC-00650.jpg

My girlfriend really loved the watch and she is not concerned with crazy movements, but I figured I'd give it a shot and see if anyone has any insight.

Cheers,

Lev

Lev

raymond-weil-5311-women-s-gold-plated-rectangle-case-black-leathe-51915f2d17a9e.jpg

This is what it looked like just with a white dial!

Nothing? Come on lads! Bring out the knowledge!

daeffy

It's a beaut, Lev. I prefer a diver's watch on a woman though. The bigger the better :)

Lev

She's a classy lady and needs a classy watch! I'm not the one who told her what she likes. She just likes simplicity. She really wants that watch though. It's a flea market so we can't be sure it'll still be there. Other than that, she's looked at some Seikos and Citizens. Cheap, reliable and respected I say. Can't go wrong with either. But if this RW can be had, I'm gonna go for it. Cheers for the response Daeffy!