Sign in to follow this  
Jase

Tag Link Calibre 16

Jase

Thought I'd put a little post up on this one.

Bought from Reg (Narikaa) over the weekend and delivered today.

Yes yes, I can hear the groans from here already, it's a quartz, but it is a different type of quartz though.

It's the microstepper type that gives the big chrono second hand a sweep instead of a pronounced tick. The seconds sub dial at 6 still has the all to familiar tick of quartz though.

It's another test drive for me before pulling the trigger on an auto version.

I wanted a black dial, but Reg was all sold out, so white it was and to be honest I think it looks great.

43mm case diameter, solid feel and heavy too. Braclet isn't bad and has the same link changing system as the gen, that made me scratch my fookin head before figuring it out. Dial is nice, I like..

I've got a vid of the sweeping second hand, but I'm unsure if I should link it in as I've hosted it on youtube (unlisted)

I'll PM a mod or admin see what they say.

I'm going to stop asking for forgiveness on my photo skills (or lack of) as I'm clearly no photographer, even with a new digi camera (Olympus SZ-31MR)

9188056916_f1e1e0d886_c.jpg

9188174190_7170687411_c.jpg

9188069700_e67076cee1_c.jpg

9185365463_8fea5c0244_c.jpg

9185355369_773d1f1450_c.jpg

9188136974_26a57e63cb_c.jpg

9188125854_9e90012ca4_c.jpg

9185314165_cee8fd02fe_c.jpg

9188093166_dc94f86ec8_c.jpg

9188084284_322a63432e_c.jpg

'Edit' BIG thanks to RichardMiami for the quick advice on the vid.

Here it is;

onzenuub

The watch looks great, enjoy wearing it.

E.R.

Nice!

Do you really want to change it for an auto?

Why? Looks more than nice to me

CaptainFantastic

Nice looking watch, I've like the look of these since they first showed up, good value for money. I've always wondered if the normal secs had a micro stepper or if it was just the chronograph hand, thanks for the info.

ShovelnTC

Yeah nice looking watch.

Enjoy not having to set your watch all the time, I'm a lazy bastard and setting watches all the time is no fun.

rocky4691

The watch looks great and I would think a bit cheaper not being an automatic, but still a very nice looking watch. Enjoy.

Ilikewaches

Very nice, but why bother with the box when the ticking second hand gives it away instantly?

Himont

Nice watch and pics

Wriggles

Nice watch but you lied to us and thats just not on.

Your pics are actually quite good so don't go lying about how you're not a photographer. Better than me thats for sure!!

Enjoy it, quartz or not it's a lovely piece and nothing wrong with quartz, they do the job they were designed for - telling the time with ease

Jase

Nice!

Do you really want to change it for an auto?

Why? Looks more than nice to me

Just love auto's I guess. I made the mistake of buying my Calibre 1887 with an A7750 at $300 and I'm not loving it much as I thought.

Very nice, but why bother with the box when the ticking second hand gives it away instantly?

Gen box bought in M2M for a good price and to use for photo threads like these..

Nice watch but you lied to us and thats just not on.

Your pics are actually quite good so don't go lying about how you're not a photographer. Better than me thats for sure!!

Enjoy it, quartz or not it's a lovely piece and nothing wrong with quartz, they do the job they were designed for - telling the time with ease

They look ok, but are only a few of many many attempts :blush:

Pharmo

Very nice watch mate, how much u pick it up for if u dont mind me asking?

Bkuntz80

Nice pick up. I own both the black and the white one now. So far, the best bang for the buck I ever spent on watches. Enjoy!

Jase

£98 all in ;)

I agree, a big bang for your buck..

Birdie

Hi, this is just the watch that I have been looking for. I'll e-mail Narikaa as his gallery does not show this watch any more. I'm hopeful that he has more in stock as I've read your review twice.