Sign in to follow this  
kloshar

What to buy?

kloshar

I'm going to buy myself a (few) watch from Timeshops.net (probably).

But I notticed that there is big a difference in prices. For a price of one watch, I can get three others. So now I'm wondering whether is better to buy more expensive replica (350$) or few cheper (110$). What are main differences with these watches? OK, mineral/saphire glass, asian/swiss movement ... But what else? Will more expensive replica be more beautiful? More quality?

So, why should I buy THIS, if I can get THIS, THIS and THIS for almost the same price? :huh:

What about Rolexes?

Why shoud I buy THIS, if I can get THIS, THIS and THIS for similar price?

So, the question is whether to spend more on one replica or buy few more for same money. :rofl: Pros and contras. :yoda:

regards

Member X

But I notticed that there is big a difference in prices. For a price of one watch, I can get three others. So now I'm wondering whether is better to buy more expensive replica (350$) or few cheper (110$). What are main differences with these watches? OK, mineral/saphire glass, asian/swiss movement ... But what else? Will more expensive replica be more beautiful? More quality?

So, why should I buy THIS, if I can get THIS, THIS and THIS for almost the same price? :huh:

What about Rolexes?

So, the question is whether to spend more on one replica or buy few more for same money. ;) Pros and contras. :yoda:

regards

First of all, don't buy any "Asian Copy Rolex" movement (THIS one you linked to) - it's a movement that seems to be poorly constructed and liable to break.

Stick to Asian ETA or Swiss ETA if you want to spend more money!

With regards to your other questions, a lot depends on how accurate you want your watch to be.

The 21J movements are generally reliable and cheap to replace if they break ($20 or so, plus fitting charge if you aren't doing it yourself). However, they don't give a smooth sweep of the seconds hand round the dial or seconds subdial, depending on the model. This is an obvious 'tell' to someone who knows watches, so you may be called out for wearing a replica if your seconds hand doesn't sweep correctly.

If, however, you aren't in big business and no-one will care if it sweeps correctly or not, go with the cheaper 21J movements and enjoy owning a bigger selection of watches! :rofl:

With regards to the specific links above,

THIS is a quartz model, powered by battery. The seconds hand won't sweep round the subdial, it will 'tick' once per second. The genuine sweeps, therefore the 'tick' is inaccurate.

THIS I am not sure about as I do not know much about Breitlings, but I know that the seconds hand sweep will not be as smooth as the genuine.

THIS is a fantasy model - i.e. it is not made in the 'gen' world. It's also not a Tourbillon movement, just has an open balance wheel.

THIS looks good to me - the crown is a bit big and the seconds hand sweep will not be as smooth as the genuine, but the rehaut engraving is nicely lined up :rofl:

THIS is basically the same as the model above but with a different bezel, but the green is a bit too dark to be accurate IMO. Again, the seconds hand won't sweep correctly but it is a good value watch and the rehaut engraving lines up nicely.

THIS will look good but the movement means that the subdials won't show what they are supposed to. In the gen, only the bottom subdial should move when you are wearing the watch, and the other two subdials, and the big seconds hand, move only when the chronograph is operated. In this model I think it likely that they will all move at the same time, all the time. It is therefore not very accurate but a good value watch if you don't care about the inaccuracies :rofl:

KBH

Your first one is a chrono. Expect to pay around $300 for a chrono with mechanical movement. The 21j chronos are crap and don't actually work as a chrono. The Japanese quartz are OK if that's what you want. They are much cheaper models and in most cases not at all comparable to the gens unless you're buying a replica of an actual quartz watch..

As far as the Rolexes, if you're getting the Deep Sea SD, I'd suggest the Eta clone model. As was previously said stay away from the fake Rolex movement, it's had lots of problems. For the regular Submariner, there are very good 21j models and some very bad Eta models, so that takes a little more research.

I personally think the latest Sea Dweller (known as the SSD - Super Sea Dweller) is one of the best reps available. The Eta clone model is a great value.

Luthier

Both Breitlings are fantasy models with 21J movements, it show day, month, instead of chrono function.

Same with Daytona.

Tressles61

THIS looks good to me - the crown is a bit big and the seconds hand sweep will not be as smooth as the genuine, but the rehaut engraving is nicely lined up :(

Will these take a A4813 28800 movement?

Edited by Tressles61

kloshar

Thank you for your answers! I haven't been thinking about the movement very much. To be honest, I had a fake Rolex that went 3+ minutes per week so I am used to set my watch regulary. :)

So swiss eta should be the most accurate? I'd claim it is also the most reliable, so it is worth paying a little more. ;)

Those Breitlings and Rolexes were just examples, I'm looking at other watches, too. :lol:

What about THIS one? I would dare to invest 250$ in a fake watch, knowing that it will work fine and look nice. This one looks like very properly.

AllergyDoc

That watch is $238; remember the $20 coupon when you order.

I think the TAGs are good reps. It's got the low-beat Asian 7750, though. I don't know if that makes much of a difference.

Tressles61
That watch is $238; remember the $20 coupon when you order.

I think the TAGs are good reps. It's got the low-beat Asian 7750, though. I don't know if that makes much of a difference.

Where do you get the $20 dollar coupon?

kloshar

So, why should I buy THIS, if I can get THIS, THIS and THIS for almost the same price? ;)

What about Rolexes?

So, the question is whether to spend more on one replica or buy few more for same money. ;) Pros and contras. :)

regards

First of all, don't buy any "Asian Copy Rolex" movement (THIS one you linked to) - it's a movement that seems to be poorly constructed and liable to break.

Stick to Asian ETA or Swiss ETA if you want to spend more money!

With regards to your other questions, a lot depends on how accurate you want your watch to be.

The 21J movements are generally reliable and cheap to replace if they break ($20 or so, plus fitting charge if you aren't doing it yourself). However, they don't give a smooth sweep of the seconds hand round the dial or seconds subdial, depending on the model. This is an obvious 'tell' to someone who knows watches, so you may be called out for wearing a replica if your seconds hand doesn't sweep correctly.

I'm a bit confused now. ;)

Does the 21j asian tickle or does it sweep? :) I really doubt that you are wearing Rolex that tickles, so I presume that it sweeps, but not as smooth as org. I read that it tickles at 6 beats, but I'm not sure what does that mean. :)

Member X

LOL @ the language barrier :)

You mean 'ticks' rather than 'tickles' ;)

'Tickle' is something very different! :D

Anyway, yes, different movements tick differently.

A quartz rep will tick once per second.

A cheap 21j movement will tick 5 times per second (an 18,000 beats per hour (bph) movement) or 6 times per second (a 21,600 bph movement).

A handwind 6497 or 6498 movement will also tick at either 5 or 6 times per second.

These can be called 'low-beat' movements.

A swiss ETA or asian 'clone ETA' movement will tick at 8 times per second (a 'high-beat' 28,800 bph movement).

It is this 8 ticks per second that makes the hand 'sweep' round the dial as it looks smooth when compared to the 5 or 6 ticks per second movements :)

Most expensive gen watches use a movement that is 8 ticks per second, including Rolex, so that is why we need an ETA or clone ETA movement in our reps for them to be accurate!

(Things get complicated as some older rolex movements are low-beat rather than high-beat, and we can get ETA movements that are also low-beat, but don't worry about that for now as they're not very common! :lol:)

kloshar

Thank you very much for that answer!

It sure does not tickle, hahahaha. :lol::):D My bad. :)

Member X

LOL :lol:

Don't worry, your english is much better than my Slovenian! :)

kloshar

Lol, it would be sad if it wasn't true. :)