Olly

MacBook Air or AP Diver ......

Olly

Yes. I need a mac.

Sent from iPhone 5 using Tapatalk on iOS 7

Thiepac

Get an AlienWare or Asus ;)

cb1234

Unless you Must use and need to have MacBook Air for your school projects, writing essays, research the www, or run propitiatory software for

your course work, then i would recommend an Ultrabook from Dell or any other company, but emphasis on Ultra-Book.

save money?

LightGeek
MacBook Pro, refurb. I have a totally maxed out MBA 13" with i7/8GB/512SSD and would take a huge hit if I sold it for this years better battery life version. Next one I'm buying is refurb.

I would advice against the MBPro (any version) as I had the i7 as well before "down"grading to the MBA: Way more portable/lighter, better battery life irl, way faster hands-on (despite slower processor, because of the SSD) less reflective screen than the MBP.

The AIR IS just an overall better value proposition even if it cost the same as the PRO.

Memory was my peeve :) I wish the MBA had a 16GB option as 8GB is actually limiting for what I do... But I digress!

Kleen™

Wise decision. But you knwe that all along, didntcha..:-)

Get an AlienWare or Asus ;)

pfffff - get a life. An then a Mac...:-P

Kleen™

LG: I hear, understand and to some extent agree with you. That's exactyly why I bought the the Pro in the first place (also max'ed out with ram, i7-processor and even the way-too-expensive Samsung SSD upgrade). I cannot give you any specs to explain why, but the slower, lesser-spech'ed MBA (i5/8GB/250GB SSD) is just faster at EVERYTHING i use it for. And weighs half of the MBP.

The MBAs are a bargain.

Olly

EDIT... WTF?

Edited by HWG

jeffw69
:facepalm:

HWG

Olly, sent you a PM. :noway:

Cyril_Clunge

Well that was inevitable! :)

Olly

Sorry guys, didn't think that one through :D

Olly

Tekkes

Damn, what did i miss??

Olly

Just advertised the watch the way i shouldn't have don is all.

jard89

Hi guys,

I'm in a situation where I need a portable laptop for university. I have a AP Diver that is being repaired by Kenny and it is a Swiss ETA version. It has had £190 I work on it so that's around £550 in total value spent on the watch and repair. I don't know if I should sell it and get the MacBook Air or keep it. I do love my AP for the little time I have had with it but I also don't need 4 watches.... I need a Apple Laptop though.... Help me :giggle:

What should I do ?

Thanks,

Olly

If you're gonna sell the watch, send me some pics and I may take it off your hands.

Education is the key!

ag69

Laptop is an investment, rep ROO is a toy. In this case the laptop wins!! Buy laptop, get a good education, then go out and buy all the rep watches you want. Couldn't do that with keeping the watch.

justuwatch

Macbook 100%%% :clap:

Irishcain

As a Professor, I say laptop. As a watch nut, I say laptop. Graduate, get a good job, and you'll be able to afford many, many new reps :D

daeffy

Neither. Go for some drugs and hookers. You only live once :lol:

James.

In all honesty, if this is a genuine dilemma for you, you really shouldn't be wasting money on reps at all. These are wants, not needs and most of us buy them with our "play money". I think you really need to sort out priorities, mate. Keep one watch, sell the rest, invest the funds into your education, get a qualification, a good job, then you'll have the "play money" to get back into reps/gens

dwru123

Try a more affordable laptop, a good intel i3 or equivalent. Load a free Linux operating system like Ubuntu on it. Probably could get buy at 1/4 the price of an apple. Promise you will not be disappointed. Besides you could wear a watch 24/7 can't say that about a laptop.

Olly

No im gonna be up and around a lot. I need a light, easy to use laptop. I can get a second hand Macbook Air 2011 i5 Processor for £480-£600

Kleen™
Try a more affordable laptop, a good intel i3 or equivalent. Load a free Linux operating system like Ubuntu on it. Probably could get buy at 1/4 the price of an apple. Promise you will not be disappointed. Besides you could wear a watch 24/7 can't say that about a laptop.

Sorry, but I fail to see how you can 'promise' the OP 'not to be disappointed', by suggesting a totally unspecified bamboo alternative?!

Kleen™
No im gonna be up and around a lot. I need a light, easy to use laptop. I can get a second hand Macbook Air 2011 i5 Processor for £480-£600

Those are really great machines as well, but if you can somehow scrape together the last 300 bucks your primary reward will be to never have to carry along the power supply, as the batteries truly last a full day at work/school.

Olly

Yer, the replacement batteries are £50 if they are worn out. I don't think the batteries will die on a 2 year old laptop though. New they are £1200 so £600 is a great price for such a great Machine.

Kleen™

Sorry, Olly - what I meant to say is that the new MBA's have a much better PR than the previous generations, which is a very nice improvement (despite being faster yadda-yadda etc). I was not trying to imply that 2 years would kill the batteries of the older models.

However - it comes at a huge price difference, admittedly... :-(