Sign in to follow this  
cvcman

how many wear their watch to bed

cvcman

I used to wear mine to bed but now I dont, kinda uncomfortable

Killasam

i wore my old watch to bed untill i started waking up with scratches on the stap from the wall B)

Fiddo

I don't wear them in bed. It either sits on the bedside table, dresser if I plan to wear it the next day or watchbox if I don't plan to wear it the next day.

AustinTech

To bed? No way!

JoeyB

Nope. I bet some of those big Pam owners aren't allowed to by their wives. The things could be lethal. :)

rc42

A true test of watch comfort is whether you can wear it all night, for me only a couple of my Rolex reps have ever been worn all night.

I usually put my watch on the bedside table though, on its edge so I can see the time if I wake up.

Also, I get into trouble if the bracelet scarches my good lady throughout the night and have to take it off :)

jmd33

I stopped after the bracelets left scratches from rubbing it on my junk. :)

rc42

You call it your 'junk' ??? :)

AllergyDoc

I always wear a superlumed watch to bed. I cant' see the clock at night (too far away) and unlike Lutheir, who apparently sleeps through the night like a baby with an uncluttered conscience, I wake up 2-3 times in the early morning. I always check the time to see if I have to get up soon. I wouldn't wear my Super Avenger to bed, though. Not only does it lume poorly, it could knock the missus out cold if I get to flailing my arms about at night.

Luthier

I wear absolutely nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing in bed.

What for???

B)

SubFrog

When sleeping, I cannot stand anything touching me other than my boxers and a bed sheet. My wrist would get hot and sweaty. So, no.

However, my father has been wearing his Gen Gold Rollie DD Pres to bed for years. He says as he moves at night, it keeps it wound so he doesn't ever have to reset the time.

Edited by SubFrog

Luthier
When sleeping, I cannot stand anything touching me other than my boxers and a bed sheet.

I'm very OK with my g/f touching me.

B)

Brightlight

Nio chance, I can't think of any occasion where I would want to know the time during the night but couldn't be bothered to pick up the watch from my side table or look at my alarm clock. Anyway my vintage dialled Frankens have virtually no lume left so it would be a bit pointless.

I hope that you guys who do wear a watch to bed have calendar models. It must be comforting to wake up in the wee small hours and know exactly what the date is............. B)

Baldrick
I'm very OK with my g/f touching me.

Me too, your G/F's got such a lovely gentle touch ;)

Omeg@007

Never

Member X

Used to with my now-beater, but not any more. I think I'd damage myself if I clouted myself round the head with a BR01 homage! lol

greg_r

This guy wore a Big Egi to bed...

Beaten-Up500.jpg

:rofl:

Luto

always take it off

dingle

nope

graman

Nah...I wear one!....sometimes put it next to the bed, but lately, have been wearing....usually a steel bracelet.

Straps I put on the bedside table....then they don't get stinky over time...

KBH

I'm with Allergy Doc. I like to know what time it is when I wake up. But since I wear Rolexes most of the time, comfort is not a problem.

Besides, it's fun to check your lume early in the morning. :lol:

I used to wear my watches 24/7 including the shower, until Rex posted a picture of some really funky dirty watches with soap scum all over them..

Baldrick
Besides, it's fun to check your lume early in the morning

Now I just bet that you're a kind of head under the covers type of guy, jus' like a lil kid with a new flashlight and a comic to read :lol:

graman

Now I just bet that you're a kind of head under the covers type of guy, jus' like a lil kid with a new flashlight and a comic to read :lol:

:lol:

KBH

Yeah, when I get new a watch lumed I set my alarm clock to go off every hour so I can look at the difference. :lol:

Wiz

It never bothered me to sleep with a watch, as long as it has a good bracelet/strap, this is not a problem.