Sign in to follow this  
Iruel

Pure Time Comex & Double Red SeaDeweller?

Iruel

Hi it's my first post here!

I am looking to purchase a Double Red SeaDweller and Comex SeaDweller and or maybe a Tropical Red Sub from Puretime.

What do you guys feel about it? Which dial options should I go for?

What modifications is needed to make it better?

Thanks for any advises in advance.

trailboss99

Can't speak for thr DSSD but the sub is on my wrist right now and it's the best 1680 I've seen so far.

Great crystal, the only decent pearl on a vintage, correct bi-directional bezel and mine has a gen ETA low beat MVT as well.

The dial is an off black with nicely aged markers and hands. The bracelet has the correct markings, most don't and it has correct fat springbars. All in all a damn nice starting point to a 1680 project or quite a passable rep as is. I'm more than happy with mine and the only thing I'll be doing is ageing it a bit by bleaching the bezel insert and marking up the case and crystal. I have it on a NATO for now but may get a rivet bracelet for it at some stage. Problem with them is finding someone with the tool to re-size them without doing any damage.

Col.

Iruel

Thank you for the fast and very comprehensive reply.

I've got a lot more confidence about their products now!

Thing is, I am more keen on the SDs and really wonder which dial option is the best for the Double Red.

When I decided to buy the Reps for the above mentioned model, It's purely for Novelty purposes to scare my other wis friends during gtgs.

They are also the pieces, I will not buy even if I have the cash for it. Unless I strike multi millions on Lotto or power ball.. hahahaha!!!

Many many thanks Col.!

trailboss99

Well, both seadweller dials are rare and expensive but I'd say the Comex is less so (correct me if I'm wrong fellas). A dbl red is 40 odd grand + these days, I think you can get a Comex from about 30ish. Both dials are reasonably good.

Col.

KBH

Here's all you can ever need to know about the Double Red and Comex SD. All in one place.

http://www.doubleredseadweller.com/

Iruel
Well, both seadweller dials are rare and expensive but I'd say the Comex is less so (correct me if I'm wrong fellas). A dbl red is 40 odd grand + these days, I think you can get a Comex from about 30ish. Both dials are reasonably good.

Col.

I think PT have a few versions of the DRSD dials. Just not sure which one is the one that is more accurate.... LOL!

Here's all you can ever need to know about the Double Red and Comex SD. All in one place.

http://www.doubleredseadweller.com/

I think I am not good enough to tell the differences due to most of them are aged and the Reps are still fairly new...

dingle

welcome to the nuthouse

Iruel

Thanks!!

Hi Guys,

I've narrowed down to Dial 2 or 4.

Can't make up my mind yet, which one of the 6 is the best in your opinion? Why?

Hope to learn something here, I am not so good with these minute details.....

trailboss99

Mate I'm afraid I know bugger all about these vintage pieces when it gets down to the nitty gritty.

The guy who does is still in bed being in the EU. Hopefully RA will see this and respond.

Col.

Iruel

I'm not in a hurry! Hehehe, it can wait.

dmisgod

Welcome aboard mate. Very nice Rollie.