Sign in to follow this  
AndyBlue

Fake Rolex on eBay.

Pharmo

Lol!!!

Odyseus

You have to admire the quality of the photos :-)

Dunn

He's not selling it as a gen so what's he done wrong?

AndyBlue

He's not selling it as a gen so what's he done wrong?

Firstly the sale of replicas on ebay is not allowed and secondly this is his description...

Rolex mans wristwatch. Dont have documents, so I don't know it is original, thats why price is so little.

Dunn

I don't know what joy most of you guys get from going on eBay and reporting fake watches when it's all of your hobbies anyway.

Pretty sad, yawn.

AndyBlue

I don't know what joy most of you guys get from going on eBay and reporting fake watches when it's all of your hobbies anyway.

Pretty sad, yawn.

So says the guy who has posted twice on a thread he does not understand nor care for. Your question re what he has done wrong was duly answered. Now move along and enjoy your hobby.

Dunn

I don't know the eBay rules because I've never used it.

Enjoy reporting eBay users

alw

Red lume, that´s new.

Tekkes

Don't think he's doing anything wrong either. He's pretty much saying it's a rep, and has it priced accordingly. But he can't say it like plain out because then he can't sell it on ebay.

Dunn
Don't think he's doing anything wrong either. He's pretty much saying it's a rep, and has it priced accordingly. But he can't say it like plain out because then he can't sell it on ebay.

Someone with sense

AndyBlue

Not allowed

Backup or archival copies of software

Bootleg recordings from concerts or other live shows (see ourbootleg recordings policy for more info)

Counterfeits, fakes, or replicas of brand name items like

• Handbags (for example, a purse bearing the Chanel® name or logo that wasn't made by Chanel)

• Scarves

• Sunglasses

• Wallets

• Watches

• Other accessories

Tekkes

Don't want to break your bubble... but selling replica goods is also against the law.. So then you should report every M2M to the police..

AndyBlue

Don't want to break your bubble... but selling replica goods is also against the law.. So then you should report every M2M to the police..

Oh no... Really? Please refer me to the part where I reported this thread to the police? And whats M2M? How do I access it?

Tekkes

I just think it's a bit hypocritic reporting someone for the same thing we all do, just because it's on a different platform. As both are evenly illegal..

akoizame

I just think it's a bit hypocritic reporting someone for the same thing we all do, just because it's on a different platform. As both are evenly illegal..

+1

AndyBlue

Oh dear, you really have misunderstood this whole thing. Let me explain, this 'Rolex' being advertised is of extremely poor quality being advertised on an open forum (eBay), by someone who is clearly uneducated in the world of replica watches. The description is ambiguous at best and only serves to relieve some poor soul and £50 or even more, depending on bidding. Thus adding to the poor opinion your average Joe has of the replica world.

Stuvetjee
:popcorn: Lets see where this is going :P

Dunn

I love what I have created

Stuvetjee

I love what I have created

+1

Tekkes

Oh dear, you really have misunderstood this whole thing. Let me explain, this 'Rolex' being advertised is of extremely poor quality being advertised on an open forum (eBay), by someone who is clearly uneducated in the world of replica watches. The description is ambiguous at best and only serves to relieve some poor soul and £50 or even more, depending on bidding. Thus adding to the poor opinion your average Joe has of the replica world.

That's where our opinions differ then. I don't think someone will buy this, thinking it's a gen rolex, due to the low pricing and vague description. Reporting people that sell replica's to make profit is an entire different story, and one I agree with 100%.

Edit: I must admit that I only looked at it swiftly, and thought it was a fixed price of 50£. So this indeed changes the story.

Edited by Tekkes

Monty010

Because its not allowed to sell replicas on eBay. A not so informed buyer could think it was a gen and buy it. So it's more like protecting the unknowing masses.

In our m2m it's not like anybody doesn't know it's a rep.

AndyBlue

Because its not allowed to sell replicas on eBay. A not so informed buyer could think it was a gen and buy it. So it's more like protecting the unknowing masses.

And there we have it, someone with some sense and understanding.

Thank you Monty

Monty010

And there we have it, someone with some sense and understanding.

Thank you Monty

your most welcome Andy.

I for one hate browsing the bay or some other auction site. Looking for nice deals only to find out its a fake.

AndyBlue

eBay is useful for the odd part replacement strap or a good cheap quartz, casio etc. I actually stumbled across this whilst looking for ss bracelet for my dad. Made me laugh, as has this thread.

Gotta love RWG!