Sign in to follow this  
drunkmunkey6969

Rolex Datejust - ttw888

drunkmunkey6969

Having owned a few nice watches in the past, Tag Heuer Monaco, Rolex Datejust, Rolex AirKing.....I thought i'd have a look at this replica malarkey. I had been advised that gone are the days of £30 'Rovex' replicas sold by beach bums on holiday, and now very sophisticated reps are available. And im pleased to say, its true.

The rep I just received from ttw888 is brilliant, visually almost indistinguishable from the real thing. I showed it to a couple of pals at the weekend, both of whom were wearing Rolexs and neither twigged it was a rep. The only thing that gave it away in my opinion was when I passed it over for a closer look, the 'feel' of the bracelet was a bit light/loose/plastic feeling compared to a genuine one. But I swear if itr had a genuine bracelet on there was no way of knowing!

Here are the pics:

9291785702_393c8e9d6d.jpg

Untitled by drunkmunkey6969, on Flickr

9289000317_60aa3719fd.jpg

9288997005_35163c4ac4.jpg

9291774682_9bdb41da64.jpg

9291770356_78ec0c8d31.jpg

9291766626_22e019e2f0.jpg

9291763074_ca4ff88d40.jpg

9288978671_ebbcdaf048.jpg

The laser etching of the Rolex crown on the glass at 6pm is there, the Cyclops looks OK, the movement keeps good time (better than my actual Rolex! lol) it has the serial numbers between the lugs etc, so a good effort of a decent replica in my opinion, and worth every penny.

Only two critisisms....1) The bracelet 'felt' cheaper (because it is! lol)) than the original and was the only outward giveaway that it wasn't real. and 2) The etched serial numbers between the lugs, when checked on a database relate to a Rolex explorer rather than a Datejust. I guess this is because the company making the rep uses the same watch case for both the Explorer and the Datjust really.

Its a shame about the serial code, because if the code was correct, i'd keep the watch and buy a second had genuine bracelet for it. But as the serial codes relate to an explorer, im going to offer this one for sale and buy the explorer instead!! lol

Anyway....not a bad replica for my first purchase....I could get addicted to this! ;o)

Pharmo

Very nice mate! Wear it in good heatlh :)

TheSav

Nice post. Why worry about the engraving at the lugs? No one will ever see it. If you like it, keep it.

ShovelnTC

Yeah don't sweat the number that no-one will ever see, just enjoy that really nice watch.

I like the smooth bezel and bought the explorer for that reason but I do miss the date, should have bought the smooth bezel datejust.

Mark.

NFleischer

Very nice looking dial. Welcome to the wonderful world of reps.

simonbolivar

Do you really expect someone to call you out on incorrect serial number? :Thinking:

drunkmunkey6969
Do you really expect someone to call you out on incorrect serial number? :Thinking:

No, of course not. I think I was just initially disappointed that they'd bothered to etch the numbers on.......but not the right ones for the model!

The watch is growing on me though! Lol

Yup.....and already got a Sub Mariner on the way now! ;)