Sign in to follow this  
darkdashing

Opinions of these explorers and diving

TheInthusiest

I cant answer the first question but.

No rep is good for real diving. You want a cheap gen that will take water. Look at some Seikos.

Good luck mate!

live1

i went swimming at the gym open air pool in my bp sub c no issues.but thats not diving

1littlegreen

Never trust your life to a rep. If you are going to do serious diving, get a gen. I would rather pay big bucks for an engineered gen than pay with my life to a $200 rep.

live1

never trust your life,what do you mean

Redxds

Some people like me still use a watch as for timing while diving. You know the reason for having a bezel.....and part of this hobby for me is building a rep worthy of the dive lol

greg_r

Probably not from the same factory - there are at least two source of this watch. Note that puretime is not a trusted dealer here, but the noobfactory version should be available from some of our dealers (try WI, Toro or TSWATCH).

If you want a proper dive watch, as others have said, I'd suggest you buy gen. Seiko would be a good place to start.

Abagnale

buy a suunto for diving...

cheers

dalboy

Seiko divemaster ..

Decent money ..top build quality ..and !! fit for purpose

Dal.

HeavyKrush

Do you mean diving or just hanging out in the deep end of the pool? You can have your rep tested for water resistance at about any mall watch smith, but they will typically only go 50-100 meters which is pool territory.

Kcore

While some of the Seiko divers are a good choice for some sport diving, for more technical aspects, my choice of dive watch has been a Citizen Aqualand Promaster. There are a number of other good Aqualand models to choose from depending on what features you're looking for.

I've been using an Aqualand for more than 10 years now and never had a problem. These days I use it as a backup to my dive computer. The only thing I will stress is that I have always sent my Aqualand back to Citizen for battery replacement as the guarantee the waterproofing. While I always have a written dive plan using the old Navy Tables to determine my gas absorbtion at depth, it wouldn't be good to have a flooded computer and watch.