Sign in to follow this  
steve jasso

rolex gmt

steve jasso

hi guys just wondering if the gmt comes with a swiss movement 1428 - 21 jewel and if it does is it any good ??

stunnaon

I recently bought a 21j GMT because I was afraid of the high beat movements not working properly, slipping of the gears etc. Mine is the Asian 2813 (21J) movement...it's been working fine so far and from what I understand they are very reliable with the only downside being low beat.

No idea about the swiss movement, perhaps another member will chime in (I didn't know it existed in low beat tbh...)

Dr Yan

I have a 21j GMT IIC for over 3 years and it still works perfectly. I bought the 21 J for the same reason, ie the better movements, when modded, apparently don't last well. Also 21 J has correct hand stack iirc.

Keijyin

I've got a GMT master II with a 25j movement, quite smooth sweeping hand running at 28800mph and I am quite happy with it, but there is something I'm not sure about, the GMT hand is adjustable, when you pull the crown first click gives you control over date and GMT hand, but isn't the GMT hand non adjustable on the genuine?

markeym3

My 21j GMT worked a treat , great watch , good time keeper too

Vibramute64

I've got a 25J , working great so far....

Gngn
(...) but isn't the GMT hand non adjustable on the genuine?</p>

Depends on the movement generation. The old 1565 were non adjustable (1675 GMT Master for the most of their life time), later generations of movements hat adjustable GMT hands. Edited by Gngn

Keijyin
(...) but isn't the GMT hand non adjustable on the genuine?</p>

Depends on the movement generation. The old 1565 were non adjustable (1675 GMT Master for the most of their life time), later generations of movements hat adjustable GMT hands.

Thanks for the explanation, had that in my head for a while! Cheers