Sign in to follow this  
Electron17

When selling your watch...

Electron17

Please give it a clean. I am sure you are will be wanting the best price you can get for the watch you are selling but nothing puts a buyer off more than pictures of a dirty watch. I for one am more attracted to a nice clean watch than one that is dirty. There are so many pictures of watches that are caked in dirt, especially the pictures of the back of the watch. Seeing pictures like that tell me the owner has not really cared for the watch and I therefore just pass it by. A few scratches on a watch is one thing but dirt is another. So if you are wanting to sell a watch you have worn a lot take a few minutes to give it a good clean, it will not only be more appealing to a prospective buyer but you will probably get a faster sale and you are more likely to get your asking price.

Pharmo
Please give it a clean. I am sure you are will be wanting the best price you can get for the watch you are selling but nothing puts a buyer off more than pictures of a dirty watch. I for one am more attracted to a nice clean watch than one that is dirty. There are so many pictures of watches that are caked in dirt, especially the pictures of the back of the watch. Seeing pictures like that tell me the owner has not really cared for the watch and I therefore just pass it by. A few scratches on a watch is one thing but dirt is another. So if you are wanting to sell a watch you have worn a lot take a few minutes to give it a good clean, it will not only be more appealing to a prospective buyer but you will probably get a faster sale and you are more likely to get your asking price.

Agree 100%, i must say it surprises me sometimes the price people want for it as well (rarely on here though)

Monty010

Well it's pretty handy sometimes if you want to perform a DNA test. But as stated above it only takes a few minutes with a damp cloth and a cotton swab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

onionbag

Dirty besoms........they are.

Electron17

I have seen a couple on the M2M section here that could have done with a good scrub! Not often though I must agree. :giggle:

greg_r

better yet, don't clean it and sell it to me at a 25% discount. I'll clean it for ya... :D

Electron17

Wouldn't we all like that greg!!!

Irishcain
better yet, don't clean it and sell it to me at a 25% discount. I'll clean it for ya... :D

+1

Chrisby

Totally agree with that, a sparkling shiny watch is now more appealing to me than one that is covered in dirt.

Although I don't wear any watch that I haven't taken apart and given a thorough clean anyway... Even brand new from a TD gets cleaned by me first

nev848

Got a feeling this is going to turn in to an OCD thread very soon. :hoover:

Abagnale

disgusting... just disgusting...

Chrisby
Got a feeling this is going to turn in to an OCD thread very soon. :hoover:

Sometimes I have to clean it 3 or 4 times before even thinking about wearing it.....

Other times I just can't bring myself to wear it when I start to think about skin particles, sweat, pubes... :vomit:

Okay I'm not that bad... But I know some of you out there must be :P, I usually just give it a good clean

AndyBlue

One would never attempt to picture a dirty watch, all spa treated before sale by the home help. Those who sell dirty watches are uncouth and believed to by peasants.

Good day to you all.

Arrow269

Yes! Thanks for posting. I'm waiting on a m2m 177 and as I'm sure the seller was a clean guy, I will still promptly Lysol and wipe down the watch

Thang

I would prefer a deeper discount like 35% maybe. I have to buy special soap to clean the watch, you know.

:D :D :D