Sign in to follow this  
JohnG

Going to liquidate some of the collecction

JohnG

THIS IS NOT A SALES THREAD YOU HOMOS SO DON'T START WHINING! IF YOU WANT ANY OF THIS STUFF, I WILL ANNNOUNCE WHEN IT GOES UP FOR SALE ON REPGEEK...

So I think I will sell the following watches in the next few weeks on RG:

Asian SOSF blue dial from TTK

Asian GMTIIc from TTK

SSD ETA from Ruby

Explorer I ETA (sold)

So I got $120 for the Explorer I (what I paid for it, sold to friend, didn't want to ask more)

If I can get $120 for SOSF

$90 for GMTIIc

$240 for SSD

That will be $450 - and what I want to know is how to redistribute it....

I have now seen polished gen Breitling Pro-II bracelets for as little as $350 on eBay - there is one right now for $349 starting bid/$399 BIN - http://cgi.ebay.com/22MM-BREITLING-SS-PROI...104114005r18566

So should I get a gen bracelet for my SA, or put it on leather for maybe @120, or Rep rubber Ocean Racer for $98, and then buy another nice rep with the remaining $330-$350:

picture094Medium-2.jpg

048ha2.jpg

So, do I get a gen bracelet or do I get leather and maybe an Omega SMP Chrono....?

28f59cb7.jpg

That would leave me with the Poljot for dress, the SMP for sport, and the SA for show...

Opinions?

graman

Not a sales enquiry

Hey John,

My brother ordered a blue sosf from ttk with a gmt ceramic...yet to arrive, unfortunately.

I'll confirm with him....let me know when you're putting it up...may have a customer.

Cheers,

G.

greg_r

As the only person actually entitled to whine about sales threads, I get where you're coming from, so your caveat is kinda superfluous :lol:

I'd skip the rep rubber. Would be very tempted by the gen bracelet at that price, but would probably end up buying leather and using the rest to buy another PAM.

I know, I know - I'm no help at all... :lol:

graman

:lol:

tempting, but a bracelet could go well......

hmmm

JohnG
As the only person actually entitled to whine about sales threads, I get where you're coming from, so your caveat is kinda superfluous ;)

I'd skip the rep rubber. Would be very tempted by the gen bracelet at that price, but would probably end up buying leather and using the rest to buy another PAM.

I know, I know - I'm no help at all... :lol:

You are the only one "entitled" to whine, but it is everyone else who DOES whine! I have to put the smack-down on the bitches preemptively (kinda like Iraq). Otherwise they infest your thread before you can say "shut up you cunt"

Hmmm, PAM is tempting too... My stepmother just said "why don't I buy you the leather for your B-day" (next month)... So that would leave me enough to get a pretty nice PAM....

OR I could get a SMP Chrono AND an Asian something. Or the SMP Chrono, and put in some of my own and get the Ingy as welll (Ingy + SMP = a little over $500, maybe less with Luthier's dealer)...

Aaarrggghhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

greg_r
You are the only one "entitled" to whine, but it is everyone else who DOES whine! I have to put the smack-down on the bitches preemptively (kinda like Iraq). Otherwise they infest your thread before you can say "shut up you cunt"

Hmmm, PAM is tempting too... My stepmother just said "why don't I buy you the leather for your B-day" (next month)... So that would leave me enough to get a pretty nice PAM....

OR I could get a SMP Chrono AND an Asian something. Or the SMP Chrono, and put in some of my own and get the Ingy as welll (Ingy + SMP = a little over $500, maybe less with Luthier's dealer)...

Aaarrggghhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell, with that money you could buy the SMP AND a decent hand-wind PAM - given that the Asian 6497s are damned good movements (the 'Swiss' ones apparently get modded with Asian parts anyhow - so who knows what's Swiss and what isn't these days?).

AllergyDoc

The SMP chronos are nice but they have problems with the crown screwing down. Guys replace the crown and the thread tube (whatever it's called) w/gen parts. I read the other day that the gen even has this problem. I had one for a while and they are very nice.

SMPssidebyside2.jpg

SliceMaster
The SMP chronos are nice but they have problems with the crown screwing down. Guys replace the crown and the thread tube (whatever it's called) w/gen parts. I read the other day that the gen even has this problem. I had one for a while and they are very nice.

SMPssidebyside2.jpg

I have one of those SMP chronos and I was thinking of getting a nice leatherstrap for it but I havent seen anyone having that combo so I dont know how it would look, really dont like the bracelet..looks kinda cheap IMO

Edited by SliceMaster

alphakazi

watchvf9.jpg

meh...

oscarmadfish

oscar has just been reminded how much he loves omegas :lol:

Guest dave123

John the Pro2 in your link is the more common 22mm version,you require the 24mm version,be carefull as well buying on ebay as you might end up with a rep bracelet.

Authenticwatches.com sells the SA Pro2 for $500,good price and a safe bet,have fun.

alphakazi

considering they go for thousands from the AD - $500 is a great deal for a gen

onzenuub

Is this thread about selling watches? Are there any buyers on this forum, don't think so. Go for the gen bracelet John.

AllergyDoc

The bracelet on the SMP chrono is very good. The cheapo SMP next to it had a poor bracelet, but the watch was only $89.

Guest dave123

$500 is for the bracelet,not the whole watch..... :drunksing:

Massimo

Tough decision. The SA is so stunning, the gen bracelet would really make it pop. You could always leave the SMP chrono on the list for later on...

onzenuub

Just buy the gen bracelet.

alphakazi

$500 is for the bracelet,not the whole watch..... :drunksing:

the Pro2 sells for $1500 CDN @ the Square one AD

authentic watches sells it for about $650 CDN - can't go wrong there .. then again, I'm with John on putting that towards another nice watch - or 2

Guest dave123

Funny that the AD sells straps for less than authenticwatches does,but far more for bracelets....

$1500?...amazing. :drunksing:

alphakazi

I'd say laughable

Guest dave123

It is the best quality bracelet ever made for a watch though,to see that they could be bought in the $500 range did really shock me at first,$1500 would seem right,but since they can be purchased for far less,i guess not.....

Luthier

Is it that Christmas Sale SOSF?

Beautiful watch...

B)

JohnG
John the Pro2 in your link is the more common 22mm version,you require the 24mm version,be carefull as well buying on ebay as you might end up with a rep bracelet.

Authenticwatches.com sells the SA Pro2 for $500,good price and a safe bet,have fun.

Whoops - that DID seem cheap for that bracelet given that I have seen most going for $550 Buy it now on eBay...

I would LOVE to have that bracelet... but man, I could do sweet leather AND another sweet rep for that price.....

Arrrr....

graman

Ok....The SA is lovely...question is....how much do you love it??

If you want it with a bracelet then do it....or just buy one from Josh or Andrew.

Then...get an ingy....you know you want to......I want one...I want you to have one..........

mmmmmmmmmmmm.................ingy.......................

B)

alphakazi
It is the best quality bracelet ever made for a watch though,to see that they could be bought in the $500 range did really shock me at first,$1500 would seem right,but since they can be purchased for far less,i guess not.....

I think $1500 would seem right if there where precious metals or gems involved but it's just machined stainless steel. I'm sure a good deal of work goes into hand fitting and polishing it though