Sign in to follow this  
hunter

Another Watch is Stopping on Me

hunter

Maybe it is me.

First, I had to send back a Timeshops rep Rolex sub as it was stopping after a few days, even when I was wearing it daily for 10 plus hours. That watch is in the mail back to me, so assume they verified the problem and repaired it.

Now Josh's $109 special Rolex sub rep is not only stopping after a few days, but the last time it stopped even winding it didn't get it re-started - I had to lightly tap on it to get it going again.

It's can't be me as I once owned a genuine sub and this never happened.

I am on a roll!

Edited by hunter

Omeg@007
Maybe it is me.

First, I had to send back a Timeshops rep Rolex sub as it was stopping after a few days, even when I was wearing it daily for 10 plus hours. That watch is in the mail back to me, so assume they verified the problem and repaired it.

Now Josh's $109 special Rolex sub rep is not only stopping after a few days, but the last time it stopped even winding it didn't get it re-started - I had to lightly tap on it to get it going again.

It's can't be me as I once owned a genuine sub and this never happened.

It 1 of the 2s mate, either the watch is faulty or been damaged while shipping or you r a little bit harsh with them ;)

Remember, Wat replica u receive and how solid & reliable it is, at the end it is not Gen. :)

try avoid playing with chrono, stopwatch and pushing-pulling the buttons. And when need to set the time, just treat it gently.....:)

Hope u fix your watches soon budy. :)

TC

greg_r

You've been very unlucky to get two in a row with this problem. The sub may loosen up with a little use - sometimes the lubrication 'pools' while in storage and it can take a while for the watch to loosen up.

Unfortunately, though, part of the problem is that there isn't a lot of quality control on reps - and neither Timeshop nor Josh actually look at the watch before sending it.

You may be best advised to buy from one of the dealers that do some QC in future - Mary (WatchInternational) comes to mind in particular...

hunter

I received back my repaired watch from timeshops so will see how things go.

"Josh" has asked me to return it, but I am going to give it a few more days to ensure there is a repeatable problem.

Speaking of "Mary", I actually ordered a watch from her this week and she just sent me an email saying the watch she received was flawed so she sent it back - nice!

Edited by hunter

68 Bullit
I receive back my repaired watch from timeshops so will see how things go.

"Josh" has asked me to return it, but I am going to give it a few more days to ensure there is a repeatable problem.

Speaking of "Mary", I actually ordered a watch from her this week and she just sent me an email saying the watch she received was flawed so she sent it back - nice!

She did the same for me, she would'nt ship the watch until she received a replacement that she was happy with, she is a great dealer

Luthier

+1

That's why I prefer non-dropshippers.

Omeg@007

Nice to hear that. :)

too much money. :)