Sign in to follow this  
tk1952

Bk's $545 DSSD

Guyute

I got lost in this thread simply because Ding has a new avatar...

northantsrich

In think BK is worth it, you get excellent quality control, custom date wheel, guaranteed Swiss movement, water proof tested, alignment of 12 marker and maybe more.

Sent from the dark side of the moon

I had paint missing where it says "ring lock" on my one.

g.man

I'd buy BK's 16610. That's a great rep.

His DSSD? It's just a noob...perhaps with some mods...which may or may not even be necessary.

His DSSD advertisement thread is now three years old. That's a long time in the rep world. His mods may have been rather more relevant three years ago, but how relevant are they now?

I understand that people like to believe they are getting something special for their money, but believe me, I've been around this board long enough to see plenty of QC issues with BK DSSD's. I've seen pictures of every single common flaw you would ever hope to never receive from a TD selling ootb reps, let alone one who allegedly mods them. I've also seen plenty of people who are very happy with their purchases. So you pays your money and you takes your chance.

Now I'm not knocking BK. People like his products, and you can't argue with that, but for the sort of money he's charging for a DSSD or a ceramic sub, he's not actually performing the particular mods I'd consider relevant on such a spend.

Each to their own then. Me? If I wanted a DSSD or a ceramic sub, I'd look to our TD's in the east. If I wanted a 16610 I'd look to TC or BK without hesitation.

do your homework people

g.man

Frankt8242

Doesanybody here REALLY think that anybody else on the planet actually notices your date wheel alignment...???...Of for that matter ANYTHING that separates these grossly (IMNSFHO) overpriced replicas from the $100.00 variety...???

But then ...Hey...It's your money!!!

LightGeek
Doesanybody here REALLY think that anybody else on the planet actually notices your date wheel alignment...???...Of for that matter ANYTHING that separates these grossly (IMNSFHO) overpriced replicas from the $100.00 variety...???

Yep. That and you're the one that has to look with the date sitting in the corner every day. If you're expectations are low, then $100 reps will do just fine. Remember, you're wearing these for your pleasure. If it passes your QC then go for it.

Are you a first pic ok person or OCD and need the second? This doesn't even compare the actual font like in my other overlay posts.

u2amy9a3.jpg

u5ypa3e8.jpg

----------------

Sent from my Pilot 5000 using optional modem attachment

dingle

I do not give a flying fuck what others think about the alignment. I did know I was suppose to.

:huh:

KeNnY

I have swapped DWO's before and have also done various other mods to DW's, such as raising a DW on a recessed 7750 [namely the cosmonaute]. I'm not saying its easy for the first timer, but as with all skills the more practice and patience will lead to getting better. You shouldn't take offense to it, I read your topic about your dwo swap and botching the keyless and all that jazz, but that was your first time doing it. I'm sure if you were to swap DWO's hundreds of times like what BK does, you would probably consider it to just be 'slapped on'

Well, my point with answering the best sub is not to compare a BP sub with a BK sub. The reason being that their price range is not comparable, 200 to 500. I'm primarily comparing the BK with the TC. And my frustration with BK is that his prices are about the same as TC, but his wares are just noob bases. That is my point.

And yes, I completely agree. I'm not even close to BK's target customer :P I'd get a TC if I wanted to spend 500+ on a rolex. Luckily I've never been a fan of the contemporary rolex models. haha... saves me the money and the details.

You hit the nail on the head with your first sentence and that answers it all :) Ok back to oogling new reps like that nice black/blue GMT!

Hey KeNnY, we don't need your "super lume" since you probably just "slap it on" now having done it so many times. I'm joking :giggle:

:lol: don't worry buddy, the Tritec lume is still STRONGER glow then the Factory "super lume". The difference is still noticeable :) and I ALWAYS take pictures of progress, just to be on safe side :lol:

Just see this Milgauss I just relummed :) rep lume is not that strong as tritec here

DSC_2303.jpg

DSC_2308.jpg

DSC_2309.jpg

watchyourself

His DSSD? It's just a noob...perhaps with some mods...which may or may not even be necessary.

His DSSD advertisement thread is now three years old. That's a long time in the rep world. His mods may have been rather more relevant three years ago, but how relevant are they now?

I understand that people like to believe they are getting something special for their money, but believe me, I've been around this board long enough to see plenty of QC issues with BK DSSD's. I've seen pictures of every single common flaw you would ever hope to never receive from a TD selling ootb reps, let alone one who allegedly mods them. I've also seen plenty of people who are very happy with their purchases. So you pays your money and you takes your chance.

Now I'm not knocking BK. People like his products, and you can't argue with that, but for the sort of money he's charging for a DSSD or a ceramic sub, he's not actually performing the particular mods I'd consider relevant on such a spend.

Each to their own then. Me? If I wanted a DSSD or a ceramic sub, I'd look to our TD's in the east. If I wanted a 16610 I'd look to TC or BK without hesitation.

do your homework people

g.man

g. man, I'm curious what kind of mods you consider relevant on such a spend?

Rolexwatchman

I have it, it feels work, running smooth, date is nice

jeffw69

do your homework people

g.man

+1 MILLION!!!!! Wise man you are g.man!

jard89

if you want the best dssd... you gotta go BK

Don't you mean If you want the best DSSD... you gotta go Rolex? :giggle:

tk1952

I'm curious, how do you like the crown guards? I don't know if it's the angle but in pictures I've seen they look kind of stubby, too short, and not the right edge radi. Is it just the pics do they look accurate when in your hand?

LightGeek

I'm curious, how do you like the crown guards? I don't know if it's the angle but in pictures I've seen they look kind of stubby, too short, and not the right edge radi. Is it just the pics do they look accurate when in your hand?

If this kind of stuff bothers you, don't get the BK -- it's not for you :)

KeNnY

Crown guards will be always the same as they are both always Noob factory

Odoslané z C6603 cez Tapatalk 2

watchyourself

[quote name=Rolexwatchman'

timestamp='1375184147' post='953455]I have it, it feels work, running smooth, date is nice

If this kind of stuff bothers you, don't get the BK -- it's not for you :)

Just wondering if I'm interpreting the pics wrong or if the crown guards are actually ok.

northantsrich

He does more than that to them. Worth every penny. And his customer service is top shelf.

But you can also be happy with many of the top models sold by the other TD's with lower quality movements, but still quite good.

My opinion if you want better than BK go to the Rolex boutique and buy one there.

I would disagree. I had a chip on the inside of my DSSD. Not what I would expect on a $560 rep. Also sent to Wizz to get fixed and after 5 1/2 months he STILL has it!!!

patooo

If nothing else this debate is educating me!!! Now I want a crystal press... Dwo = Dick with opportunities? Must be it.... My noob brain says yes...

NFleischer

I'm thinking of getting BK's Sub C V2. He sells them for $550 which sounds pretty expensive. However, if you consider

that the regular Noob version is $320 or so with CLONE mov't. And when you factor in the 'mods' & QC as well as the gen ETA actually

it's quite fair. Most TDs now are charging an extra $150- 200 just for Swiss version. It's getting harder and harder to source ETAs

and they are super expensive. TC in fact has stopped offering them. All in all, it's worth it for a watch that's going to be a keeper.

RichardMiami

If nothing else this debate is educating me!!! Now I want a crystal press... Dwo = Dick with opportunities? Must be it.... My noob brain says yes...

Date Wheel Overlay

plankton

Who posted this crap. I have dozens of DSSD's trying to get a great one. My 2 BK's are heads and tails better than the others. The watches that cost less in my opinion are crap. I've had them so I know.

jakgumbo

i received a bk sub just this week... couple of notes

BK:

the band links were pretty loose, lots of side to side shift.

the rolex print on the inside of the band is smudged

the cyclops although perfectly centered isnt 2.5 mag.

PC

i received a PC sub 2 weeks ago

band was good

cyclops magnification was great but its not aligned properly over the date.

the hands are not exactly white/bright

these are reps, they arent perfect....

band was good

Stuvetjee

For me personally, i just buy a Noob DSSD and buy a BP bezel and indexes send all the shit to KeNnY

and let him do the ultra mods.

I think you spend a total of $400 but get a perfect DSSD that is better than BK's imho

Edited by Stuvetjee

jard89

I love my BK DSSD, got it for a steal on M2M. My only complaint about it is that the bezel is super loose moves to easily. Have to keep putting the pearl back at 12.

porschespeedster

Dude I don't get what the big deal is with AMG.

They just buy Mercedes cars and modify them.

At the end of the day they're really just Mercedes

;)

Edited by porschespeedster

GenTLe

Necro thread digger? ;)