Sign in to follow this  
Killasam

Rolex Daytona 116520

Killasam

The Rolex Daytona 116520

The Rolex Daytona is an unusually beautiful watch.

It is in a 39.5mm x 12.8mm Stainless Steel screw back case with screw down crown and chrono pushers.

This model has a unique heavy Oyster bracelet with polished center links and fliplock deployant clasp, long enough for a seven and a half inch wrist.

- White Dial -

- Stick Markers -

- Sapphire Crystal Face -

- 316L Stainless Steel Case -

- Asian 7750 Chronometer Automatic Movement -

Daytona116520NEW.jpg

This is by far my favourite watch of all time, its is well worth the seconds at six movement risk!

Thanks for looking!

By Killasam, With An Obsession For Perfection.

Edited by Killasam

dingle

looks good sam :Whistle:

sconehead

Good pic as well Sam...what's next on the wishlist?

Omeg@007

:thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Killasam

Thanks, i have been practising.

I believe i have a GMT Pepsi And a DSSD on the way :clap:

And then i will have to make a new Wish List.

Maybe venture out of my comfort zone ( Omega, Breitling Or somthing like that ) :clap:

sconehead

Maybe venture out of my comfort zone ( Omega, Breitling Or somthing like that ) :clap:

Somewhere down the road you will get a Pam...so it is written...:clap:

AustinTech

Oh you don't want to mess with the Breits. OR the Panerai. They will make your realize that Rolexs makes tiny little watches for small guys.

:clap:

Killasam
Oh you don't want to mess with the Breits. OR the Panerai. They will make your realize that Rolexs makes tiny little watches for small guys.

:clap:

Theres probly a few more rolexes i will want before i move on anyway :clap:

NFleischer

DSC00262.jpg

Got mine on today also. Pretty watch- but I've had my share of problems with the mov't. works ok now, but

the chrono doesn't function any more

Killasam
DSC00262.jpg

Got mine on today also. Pretty watch- but I've had my share of problems with the mov't. works ok now, but

the chrono doesn't function any more

the problems with the movement i am hopeing il miss.

but i have a two year warranty just in case :)

Also what do you think of the picture i took. im trying to improve and would appreciate some feedback

Thanks

Sam

onzenuub

That is a fucking beautiful picture Sam, skills you have.

Killasam
That is a fucking beautiful picture Sam, skills you have.

Thanks Onze :) My Best I Tired. :wabbitysex:

Luthier
Too Late, i have already ordered the GMT II Pepsi and The DSSD :)

Will do reviews of those two once they get here aswell :D

Rolleys you "must" to have in collection:

1. DayDate (size depends on your wrist size).

2. DSSD

3. Submariner

4. Daytona.

5. YachtMaster 1.

Why not DateJust? DayDate is the same watch, but with Day.

Why not Milgauss? Because of that ugly broken arrow.

Why not GMT? Why should I know the time somewhere else? If I need to know the time in China, I add 3 hours to my time and reverse evening to morning. Same with any other points on Earth. Unless you have mistresses all over the World... :) But then one extra hand is not enough.

Why not Explorer? Same watch as YM, just with ugly bezel.

But it's just my personal opinion...

GC
Also what do you think of the picture i took. im trying to improve and would appreciate some feedback

Thanks

Sam

Sam,

First off, the Daytona is a real beauty... enjoy it often!

Now to the pic, It's a very nice shot! Really shows the overall beauty of the piece, and is well lit!

Now the over-anaylasis :(and these are just my opinions/tips so take them with a grain of salt):

I see you are focusing on the crown & pushers, instead try focusing on the dial (that is always the main point where the viewer's eyes are drawn to, unless you are doing some sort of artistic shot). When shooting a polished watch, these imo are the most difficult to shoot, make sure that you are using the self timer and a tripod on your camera. Holding the camera will always produce a reflection to some degree i.e. in this particular shot, on the bezel from 3 o'clock to 6 o'clock, I can see your hand, the camera and that you are wearing a cobalt blue shirt.

Baldrick

Nice work Sam, your shots are getting better and better, as G.Curcio above says, try to get a full on face shot, that way you won't have to worry about DOF,(depth of field) lay the watch flat, or use some UHU or BluTAk on the back of the watch, stick it on a slightly angled surface, Light from the side, right or left doesn't matter, use a sheet of card to bounce light in from the opposite side and use if you can a tripod, if not set your camera up on a pile of mags or books or something, use the self timer on your camera and step back from the shoot.

Let's not forget also, that Sam is still a teenager, passionate about watches, as can be seen from his posts, we should encourage him all we can, whicch I see everybody doing, great work.

Let us see some shots when your DSSD and GMT arrive Sam, looking forward to those, in the meantime here's an example of what I was trying to say above, flat on shot with good even lighting all round the bezel and no 'cobalt shirts' in view, very soon you'll have progressed to shots like the MAN himself :)

260A.jpg

411MAR08ROLEXDAYTONA1.jpg

trailboss99

Yup, not a bad shot at all.

Watches are very hard to photograph, as the the gret sub shootout unfolds at RWI you will see the pics.

These were shot by someone who makes his living with a camera and he had all kinds of trouble getting half way decent shots.

Col.

Baldrick
Yup, not a bad shot at all.

Watches are very hard to photograph, as the the gret sub shootout unfolds at RWI you will see the pics.

These were shot by someone who makes his living with a camera and he had all kinds of trouble getting half way decent shots.

Col.

You're dead right Col. the Sub is a very difficult watch to shoot, lots of black surface and shiny steel, gives plenty of reflections, but when you get it right the Sub looks fantastic.

Some from TTK. / not my shots.

MBWROLEXSUB20085.jpg

MBW16610MODERN2copy.jpg

MBK1665DOUBLEREDSEADWELLER4.jpg

MBK1665DOUBLEREDSEADWELLER8.jpg

MBWSEADWELLERDOUBLEREDSUBMARINER3.jpg

07416610A.jpg

trailboss99

The biggest problem we had was reflections in the cyclops and also the bezel on the ceramic one is very hard to get right.

It tends to come out a silver grey. We gave up on the lighting early on and went with available light. That of cause produced

some nasty reflections of it's own. Thankfully for the purposes of review they are fine but he's a little embarrassed about the

results TBH and I foresee quite a bit of practice in the near future as he is a fellow watch nut of the highest order.

Oh, and I forgot to ask for an angle shot to show the rehaut but that's down to me.

Col.

Killasam

Well hopefully it isnt to hard to photograph. we will see :P i will get some more practice in when they get here

thanks for all you comments guys, your feedback does help.

:)

Killasam

Getting a new camera today!

Will post a same style review of my new DSSD.

Thanks For The Comments!

Sam