Sign in to follow this  
nev848

Just stopped my mate buying this....

nev848

One of my mates called me to say he was going to bid on this EBay special. I stopped him as it just looked wrong. First off where it is being sold from and then the bridge looks wrong and movement looks like a Asian 6497.

Also the Gen has three Sets of ID markings in three separate corners. I cannot see any on this one.

Have I done the right thing by stopping him?

Cheers Nev

Here's the EBay link.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Officine-Panerai-Radiomir-Pam-249-/271240858812?pt=UK_Jewelery_Watches_Watches_MensWatches_GL&hash=item3f27370cbc&nma=true&si=S1%252FxXiCAXTWr%252BRqTy3sV541RfU4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Pharmo

I always feel uneasy uneasy buying high value Item from a brand new seller with no feedback.

baxter

Dominican republic ? sold for £ 561.00 ? ( no one would let a gen go for that much ( unless it was stolen i guess ) i'm no expert and the pictures aren't that clear and can't be enlarged but i would say you probably gave him some good advice nev

Hazz

and not even a P.3000 picture.

dalboy

Dominican republic ? sold for £ 561.00 ? ( no one would let a gen go for that much ( unless it was stolen i guess ) i'm no expert and the pictures aren't that clear and can't be enlarged but i would say you probably gave him some good advice nev

Chalk another up for Jezz .!!

Spot on +10000000000

TheInthusiest

Thank god you did! Great work detective!

onelund

no way that i would buy a "gen" from random guy,with no rep, at low price, on ebay :vader:

well done with the warning imo

Theduke.williams

+1,000,000,000,000

nev848

Cheers Guys guess I can sleep again tonight :)

subiim

Definitely gen. You can tell by the papers it came with. Your friend missed out a good deal. Thanks to you

trailboss99

Definitely gen. You can tell by the papers it came with. Your friend missed out a good deal. Thanks to you

I assume that was sarcasm.

Good work mate, not a hope in hell of that being the real deal.

TheTinMan

Used watch in perfect condition with a perfect sticker still on the caseback? For that price? You did the right thing.

nute

I bid on a Perrelet skeleton split second recently, the seller was from Saudi and had no previous sales. The gen would retail at $9k ish, my winning bid was about £700.

I figured if it was fake I could use the protection of PayPal but I've never seen one of these rep'd. Anyway, turns out it probably was gen and the seller didn't like to low price it made as he refused to accept payment and refused to send it.

Rob Roy

If it is gen I doubt this is the watch that would have arrived!

Col

Watchpolisher

Rep !

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

James.

Are we SURE this is a rep? I mean, what besides the price and seller give it away? If it is, looks to have had the incabloc fix installed... my money would be on it being stolen. With PP protection, may have been a risk worth taking...

$(KGrHqRHJFMFHcVyU646BR5RqIJLe!~~60_58.JPG

gottahaverolex

That, my friends is a gen. Most likely stolen.

James.

looks like Nev owes his mate a $700 $8000 PAM :Whistle:

Cynikal.Mindset

could be gen pictured and then you end up with receiving a rep as well...fuck ebay!

James.

Also, teeth of the cogs are polished. Not so on reps. Can be done, but by a modder.

James.
could be gen pictured and then you end up with receiving a rep as well...fuck ebay!

Buyer protection, ebay is great for that, slightest inkling of scam/rep/fake etc, you'll get your $$ back

Cynikal.Mindset

Buyer protection, ebay is great for that, slightest inkling of scam/rep/fake etc, you'll get your $$ back

yes, if the whole cat and mouse bullshit isn't started...buyer has to send back watch, seller claims you sent back fake watch etc...back and forth for a bit and you end up getting fucked in the end.

fe22ari

Check the crown too, most of the reps have a modern crown with op logo. This just has the letters op. Could be a davidsen though. I could be talking bollocks too.

Gen or davidsen?

PolonusTM

It is a rep. Too short swan neck regulation screw - screw's head touches swan neck.

iPad/Tapatalk HD