SSTEEL

Word is out locally I can repair watches. Found out at party tonight

Mystery Shopper

Is this you? :lol:

8943307505_3ea002c819_b.jpg

Looks more like Onze post Grecian 2000 treatment. :D

ag69

Good story :)

And the point of the story is, you can't tell women anything, they will tell it everyone else :D

So true!!

Kleen™

The best marketing vehicle you can have for an upstart company is telling all your female friends, that it is a secret...

Baldrick
which was calved by my mother-in-laws late Brother.

I bet that hurt ;)

SSTEEL

Another visit from an iPad I fit a new glass to, this time I had to remove the digitiser, and clean it as some crap had got in there and rendered the iPad useless with random touch activity.

The glass I replaced before came without a replacement outer bezel, so this is why crap got in there, so today I cleaned it up, and sealed it down with silicon, hardened and smoothed.

15268588802_051af660c9.jpgSANY4955 by Micky.!, on Flickr

My next few DIY efforts will be focused on my own property, first is a Chinese watch winder, a clone of the Bergeon Final Test machine, but whereas my Orange Bergeon model is the SLOW, the Bergeon green model is 4+ revolutions per minute, a little faster. I thought it was a good idea to give the Chinese green model a try, but it turns out its the same speed as my Bergeon, 3 rev/minute, so, bare with me, all will be clear shortly.

As you can just make out in the photo above, on the right is a microwave motor, 220V rated 5/6 rev/minute so I plan on fitting this in the Chinese winder in the hope it will match the desired speed I need.

The next project of mine is to refurbish my vintage watch parts cleaning machine which recently arrived after a long journey here.

boneyjr

hahaha... don't get too busy! I hear you are working on an awesome GMT iiC franken! ;)

SSTEEL

Sure am James ;) Genuine bezel assembly, and insert fitted, onto the dial tomorrow :)

Odyseus

Don't you have to use a heat gun to get the iPad glass screen off?? I like the good old original iphone, undo two screws and the screen comes off, with just a ribbon cable to remove.

I do like playing with laptops etc, easy to get parts when you fuck up :)

Odyseus

I remember now, LJ Rich ( Robot Babe!!!!) from BBC Click fixed one....

D_Chico
I remember now, LJ Rich ( Robot Babe!!!!) from BBC Click fixed one....

That video was pretty cool! :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing that John :)

Thang

Nice story. Thanks for sharing.

SSTEEL

Latest item in for repair :lmao:

15575477936_550bc74210.jpgSANY6532 by Micky.!, on Flickr

rusty peters

Is this you? :lol:

8943307505_3ea002c819_b.jpg

Looks more like Onze post Grecian 2000 treatment. :D

Does anybody have this guys contact information? $10 for a movement cleaning? I have been getting ripped off for all of these years. I am guessing the cleaning involves a kitchen sponge and Dawn dish soap instead of ultrasonic cleaners.

SSTEEL

Nah, I heard this guy washes them with the dishes, and then dries them in the microwave :lol:

nunu78

Great story

nunu78
Latest item in for repair :lmao:

15575477936_550bc74210.jpgSANY6532 by Micky.!, on Flickr

What it is?

myaz

A good friend has had a quartz Citizen for several years. So we're talking watches last month and he mentions what a hassle it is to advance his watch 24 hours on 30 day months, worse in February, to get the right date. So I show him how to pull the crown to the date setting position......He is amazed.

I finally impressed someone with my watch knowledge. :giggle:

SSTEEL

Its a coffee maker :)

I'll never forget the time I informed someone locally that they can manually wind their auto watch too lol

GenTLe

I hate when people find out I can fix things...I've become the local computer/ipod/iphone and general electronics wizard...I wish people would stop breaking their phones, getting pr0n viruses etc. I barely have time to tend to my own property

(I love necro quotes)

I had the same problem until I started to reply to people asking about my job like "I'm tech focal point for the xyz company in regards to the whole IT infrastructure". Even if they guessed I works on IT stuff, if they ask me something about their PCs my reply is like "Mate, I work only on network devices and big servers".

In Greece on vacation I once met a guy that was telling around he was a refuelling station worker not to be stressed. He was a medical doctor ;)

GenTLe

Its a coffee maker :)

Gosh mate, the broth coming out from that thing can't be called coffee, seriously... ;)

Get one of these (manual and electrical version):

04-k9pD--488x255@Casa2011.jpgMokona-Bialetti.jpg

with some good coffee:

lavazza.jpg

SSTEEL

I know I know, the Finnish love their coffee percolators.